Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:18 AM   #31
Zink Whistlefly

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:

EDIT: BTW what are you trying to say? Huge Pink letters...
Not pink but magenta.. lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was just trying to find the right combination fo colors.
[/QUOTE]lol I was just messing.

So now I have to wait a whole year until the next quiz? Aww

If you ever decided to make another I'd be more than happy to give you some help - coming up with questions, marking entries etc - just give me a shout if you need an extra pair of hands [img]smile.gif[/img]
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #32
Legolas
Jack Burton

7. It should be noted that Grimgnaw's 'knowledge' of the district is based purely on rumours. In other words, he doesn't really 'know' anything.

15. Both Walthers the half elf and Krestal the dwarf are ex-members. Or members. It depends on your point of view; they both did what they could to quit, but as Krestal says, once a SC boy, always a SC boy.

20. This depends on how strictly you intend to interpret the question. You can get Ironwood from the druid merchant Nyatar in the city core, for example, in payment for your help at the zoo. You don't 'buy' it with money but with a service, but then again, he doesn't tell you he has Ironwood on offer up front.

22. Chauntea and Silvanus are mentioned by Nyatar. Ilmater is mentioned by several people, such as Eravian. Lathander is not mentioned, nor is Tymora

23. Treasure spawns depend on your character level, among other factors. If you're high level, you get better treasure, including gems. Since it's not at all impossible to play through chapter 1 with a level 40 character if you so desired, all of the standard gem types should be considered. The most expensive one is the Emerald at 4000 gp.

35. That's Hrusk, not Hrust, and only applies to the axe he uses in the arena. The axe he uses outside of the arena does not, in fact, have flaming damage.

51. Insight uses both Intelligence and Wisdom. It is therefore not a pure Wis check, but Wis is checked nevertheless

54. That would in fact be "Use persuasion, agressive tone, or be male with high charisma". Simply being a rogue does not work, nor will females charm it out of her without a persuade check.

56. There are in fact 4 rather than 2, as you've mentioned giving the answers.

62. There is no significant difference. Your question refers to the way SR is handled in NWN as opposed to BG, which has little to do with Magic Missile itself. Both versions are affected by spell resistance, after all.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 AM   #33
Zink Whistlefly

And with knowledge like that L, why the heck didn't you take the quiz!?
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #34
Legolas
Jack Burton

Because knowing how to look things up is not the same as knowing what you'll find.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 AM   #35
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
7. It should be noted that Grimgnaw's 'knowledge' of the district is based purely on rumours. In other words, he doesn't really 'know' anything.

I agree. But regardless of what it is based (rumors or no) on it is still knowledge.

Quote:

15. Both Walthers the half elf and Krestal the dwarf are ex-members. Or members. It depends on your point of view; they both did what they could to quit, but as Krestal says, once a SC boy, always a SC boy.
I suppose so. Still Walters was "officially" out since he joined the militia. We don't know why Krestal did not become a zombie. It's is possible that he refused and was thrown out of the gang by Drawl because of that too hence he had to barricade himself.
Anyway, since Walters is a half-elf, the only correct answer is C - Dwarf.

Quote:

20. This depends on how strictly you intend to interpret the question. You can get Ironwood from the druid merchant Nyatar in the city core, for example, in payment for your help at the zoo. You don't 'buy' it with money but with a service, but then again, he doesn't tell you he has Ironwood on offer up front.
Being paid for a quest (after persuasion with something you didn't ask for) can be hardly called buying. Buying is when I take something concrete after giving you something concrete in return. What you can do is sell a diamond and then rebuy it.
I might've give points had anyone given me some reasoning like you did. Otherwise the only answer I give points for is false.

Quote:

54. That would in fact be "Use persuasion, agressive tone, or be male with high charisma". Simply being a rogue does not work, nor will females charm it out of her without a persuade check.
Thanks for pointing it out. You do indeed have to be male for high charisma to work. Still since no one mentioned it in his answer no points changed.

Quote:

56. There are in fact 4 rather than 2, as you've mentioned giving the answers.

Yup. I suppose some questions had more answers than I asked for. Like questions 33 and 34.

Quote:

22. Chauntea and Silvanus are mentioned by Nyatar. Ilmater is mentioned by several people, such as Eravian. Lathander is not mentioned, nor is Tymora

Thanks for pointing it out. That's +1 points for The.Jester.

Quote:

23. Treasure spawns depend on your character level, among other factors. If you're high level, you get better treasure, including gems. Since it's not at all impossible to play through chapter 1 with a level 40 character if you so desired, all of the standard gem types should be considered. The most expensive one is the Emerald at 4000 gp.
That does make sense. +2 points for Target.

Quote:

51. Insight uses both Intelligence and Wisdom. It is therefore not a pure Wis check, but Wis is checked nevertheless.
Thanks for clearing that out. The.Jester, Zink Whistlefly and Target get +1 each. Chewbacca gets -2.5.

Quote:
Because knowing how to look things up is not the same as knowing what you'll find.
Come on, still you could've taken part.

[ 09-20-2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 09-20-2005, 11:51 AM   #36
ZFR
Legion Symbol

So this makes Target the new Winner. Congratulations! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Congratulations too to Zink and everyone else who participated. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 09-20-2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 09-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #37
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:

If you ever decided to make another I'd be more than happy to give you some help - coming up with questions, marking entries etc - just give me a shout if you need an extra pair of hands [img]smile.gif[/img]
Great! Thanks, man. I'll hold you to your word. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 04:39 AM   #38
Ale_beer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well done ZFR and everyone, great quiz, i look forward to the next one. (if their is one).
Ale_beer is offline   Reply With Quote