Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 11:40 PM   #1
Guk73
Dungeon Master

Does anyone know how to kill this guy?!!
He's protecting a nice sword (dayslayer I think its called)in the chest behind him. I tried going after him with all I had a couple of times but he didn't even take any damage and he literally fried me.

He's located....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
.... in a secret room at The Crooked Crane at the City Gates. You can sneak in behind him with a hasted thief to get the sword but I'd like to fry his robe-wearin' ass. Bet he's worth tons of XP.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:07 AM   #2
Aurican
Elminster

Basically, what you need to do is draw his fire. I've found that summoned monsters can do this rather well. The main problem is getting the lich to target the summoned stuff in opposed to your party. After that, while he is busy, lay out some spells to help drop his defenses. The slaying weapons like Azureedge or Mace of Disruption are great for liches, they can sometimes be killed with one blow. I hope some of this helps.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:12 AM   #3
Guk73
Dungeon Master

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:45 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Guk73:
Does anyone know how to kill this guy?!!
He's protecting a nice sword (dayslayer I think its called)in the chest behind him. I tried going after him with all I had a couple of times but he didn't even take any damage and he literally fried me.

He's located....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
.... in a secret room at The Crooked Crane at the City Gates. You can sneak in behind him with a hasted thief to get the sword but I'd like to fry his robe-wearin' ass. Bet he's worth tons of XP.

Cheesy Tactics Follow

Haste your thief. Run into the room and unlock
the chest. Grab the sword and run back to the inn. Have your characters rest and then give the
sword to your ranger. Haste him and everyone
rush into the room. Use the special ability of the sword and then follow up with melee attacks and spells. No problem.
Old 11-05-2001, 08:02 AM   #5
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Sometimes, if you have a really really really high turn undead, it will kill a lich outright! Also are you talking about the Lich in Athatla, or the Demi-Lich?
Old 11-08-2001, 01:42 PM   #6
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

one of the straties i found is to let him were off his spells on summoned creatures then rest at the inn and then hack him to peices!
Old 11-08-2001, 11:13 PM   #7
Debaser

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

Cheesy Tactics Follow

Haste your thief. Run into the room and unlock
the chest. Grab the sword and run back to the inn. Have your characters rest and then give the
sword to your ranger. Haste him and everyone
rush into the room. Use the special ability of the sword and then follow up with melee attacks and spells. No problem.

The only problem with this strategy is that the lich follows you out of the crypt and into the Crooked Crane if he sees you...maybe if your thief were improved invisible, that might prevent the lich from following you.