Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

Default Dragons are a pain in the Butt

Boy if I am having this much trouble with a little blue dragon what will I do with a Red one?
I cheesed out getting eggs from the Gold dragon by stealing them then recalling out. I gave the Giant head to the green dragon and we parted friends. But this little Blue dragon is being difficult.
I changed henchies from Sharwyn to Linu thinking a cleric would be more help. A hero just can't drink enough potions to save his life. I thought I went through this before when I was constantly being knocked down. I spent more time on the ground than I did fighting. I also thought I had the problem solved when I got some fortitude items. None of these now seem to help.
I tried standing back and hitting the guy with arrows but after he finished off the npcs he came after me. For a sleeping dragon he moves pretty fast. I don't have any trap XP so I can't set traps. I am about 500 points from a next level when I got there I was going to give me 1 point in set traps.
Maybe I can find someplace else to get my next level then return to this guy.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Dragons are a pain in the Butt

What class are you exactly?

Meanwhile some general advice:
Go buy gorgoyles boots. If I'm not mistaken they allow any charcter to cast stoneskin on anyone. That will be lifesaving.

Get Daelan Red Tiger and give him: potion of barskin, potion of bull's strength, fortitude, cat's grace, bless, oil of speed in that order - oil of speed should be last because of short duration. You can save before drinking to ensure the bonus to ability scores is maximum. Add any other potion you may think useful. Also feel free to replenish during battle if duration runs out.

Last edited by ZFR; 09-23-2007 at 05:01 PM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

He is pretty quick. I always got the best arrows I had and shot them at him. Buffing up henchmen works a treat, although I personally preferred Grimgnaw, even though I can't remember how to spell his name to save my life.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

Human Ranger level 14, henchie Linu is the current henchie. I did have the gargoyle boots but used them up before I got here guess I should have waited to use them.
I was drinking the potions out of the order you provided. I will change that next time.
The arrows I was hitting him with were acid. Now that I think about it I have a few paralytic arrows I am going to try them next time.
I saved the game before I attacked him so I am good there. I can change henchies and tactics without a problem. Do vendors restock their items? I thought once you bought that was it in the game? I was just wondering if another vendor had Gargoyle boots in stock?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Calagari
Manshoon

It took me about 7 or 8 attempts but I finally got the blue dragon. The Henchie I ended up with was Grimpaw (sp?), the crazy Monk. He lasted the longest of several I tried.
The red dragon wasn't any easier but I was set up for him from dealing with the blue dragon. Thanks to all of you for the help and direction.
It is a shame that the Dragon Armor you find isn't character type specific. I don't have any use for heavy armor. I sure hated to sell it.
Now that I have entered chapter 4 I guess I will just drop everything except for potions and weapons and travel real light. No sense carrying items when this is the last part of the game.