Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 11:33 PM   #1
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Now, Kangaxx isn't difficult to take down.

However- when he turns into this demilich monstrousity, I get 3 hit points a pop ~_~ until he imprisons my bhaal child. I'm sure the treasure trove of knowledge that is this board can help even a bit, yeah?
Ideas, anything are very much welcome ^^

Thank ya's!
Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 11:38 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I believe Protection from Magic Scrolls will prevent imprisonment.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Woo! hooray, I'll try ;p
Old 12-06-2001, 02:33 AM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Everybodies favourite demi-lich can be countered a few ways. Prot. from magic, prot. from undead, spell imunity : abjuration all work.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:16 AM   #5
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wooo! It worked. You can buy freedom scrolls from ribald, btw :]

protection from magic as well..I believe that is where I bought them...

So yes, it worked, The demilich lies rotting away in his creepy dungeon. Now, my paladin's only blight is adamantite golemns. Those things are such jerks.
Old 12-06-2001, 06:23 AM   #6
banzai
Manshoon

If you have a berserker let him/her go berserk and he/she is immune to imprisonment.
Much cheaper regarding your resources ...
Old 12-06-2001, 08:53 AM   #7
Whailor

It actually depends, whether the Enrage is cheaper way or not. Mainly, if you don't have any +5 weapons, what's the point to Enrage anyway? So you are immune, but it doesn't help you since you cannot hit the dang thing anyway. And then Enrage wears off and then blam, oldie will Imprison..

Protection from Undead will do the trick. Make sure that you do NOT cast it on everyone before the demilich is out, since in that case it is unkillable - it will get down to 1 HP and stay there. It needs to see someone at first to spout it's evil speech. Basically I slapped the spell on everyone save Minsc (Protection from Undead) and then, after the Minsc and demilich were done speaking, the Minsc used Berserk. Rest were pounding - well trying to - the demilich. Minsc had too low WIS to use the scroll anyway, so I figured I use someone else to slap it on him. Besides, I had the Freedom scroll in my pocket, so if Minsc would have been imprisoned, I would still get him out. Only person in the party who had +5 weapon was Jaheira heh (Sling of Everard)! I remembered that tad too late.. When I remembered that, I said "Dang" and missed the moment when Minsc's Berserk wore off.. Poof! And Minsc old guy was gone. Oopsie. Good thing I had the scroll on me, as I said.

And so it was that Jaheira killed the shmuck. Jaheira did 1 damage to Kangaxx, Jaheira did 2 damage to Kangaxx, Jaheira did 1 damage to Kangaxx. Whopee the fun heh. Love the ring tho, as always..
Old 12-06-2001, 09:46 AM   #8
Kaleban
Manshoon

Here's a much easier way:

Have 1 fighter-type character purchase a Protection from Magic and Protection from Undead scrolls.

Huddle your party in NE corner of the tomb area.

Have the Fighter (make sure he has a +4 or better weapon (Flame Tongue, Mace of Disruption, or Staff of Rynn are able to be acquired early on...) move to open the tomb.

As soon as Kangaxx the LICH pops out and goes through his dialogue and turns hostile, cast the PfM scroll on him! This will make all of his spells and abilities fail. Lure him over to the SW corner of the tomb, and proceed to pound him.

When he turns into the demilich and goes through his bit of dialogue, use the PfU scroll on your same fighter. He can now pound with impunity, and Kangaxx won't go after the rest of your party as they are out of his sight radius. Eventually his morale will break and he'll start zipping around, I try to corral him back up the steps to his tomb, if you put your fighter in the middle of the catwalk, the demilich cannot pass.

I have NEVER lost a character to imprisonment using this method, and its just gravy for soloing.