Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 12-19-2000, 01:19 AM   #1
Bobby

Oooooook...so I saved up 5,000 pennies so I could buy BG2. I recieved it today but can't seem to figure out how to import my BG1 character. I can get a pregenerated player, and I can create a new player...but the dadgum thing doesn't want to co-operate in getting my BG1 guy goin'. Oh well...I'm off to bed with the manual...maybe I can find a passage on my problem. Otherwise I'd appreciate any help that can be offered by you wonderful people. Waldog thanks you for any help you can give me.
Old 12-19-2000, 01:59 AM   #2
G.W.

Hmm, try downloading the patch. Not sure why you can't import.
Old 12-20-2000, 04:03 PM   #3
Saithana

I had to copy the relvant save game files into the BG2 folder before the import would work. The manual said it would detect BG1 instal, but it didn't.

HTH
Craig
Old 12-30-2000, 03:03 AM   #4
One ANGRY lil' man

Not to insult your intelligence but did you move your character files to the BG2 characters folder?
Old 01-07-2001, 08:38 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You need to copy your BG1 savegames into your BG2 savegames folder for both single and MP.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote