Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Need some networking help if we have any techies here

I currently have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router which is connected to my cable modem. I have an Ethernet cable connected from the wall socket to my modem, and another Ethernet cable connecting my modem to the router. All my devices (laptop, printer, iPhone, etc) connect wirelessly.

I just recently invested in a virtual telephone system (from RingCentral) for my business, so I bought a Cisco/Linksys Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA - the model is SPA2012) so that I could use it with my analog phone (the phone is plugged in via phone jack to the ATA). Basically I now need to connect the ATA to either my router or my modem, but somehow it's not working (lol). I know this is kind of vague, but I'm not quite sure how to get it to work. I tried connecting the ATA to the router via one of the router's Ethernet ports, but I must be missing something as it isn't working.

Has anyone ever connected an Analog Phone Adapter to their wireless router? How did you get it to work?

FYI, the router is this one:
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/s...routers/WRT54G

And the ATA is this one:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/coll...78-502137.html

The damn thing didn't come with a manual or anything.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Need some networking help if we have any techies here

This is from the ATA product description, "Each phone line can be configured independently via software controlled by the service provider or the end user."

I assume this means the ATA needs to be recognized by the VoIP software. So I would try messing with the VoIP software and see if has a way to detect additional interfaces.
Hope this helps!

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Need some networking help if we have any techies here

All good I sorted it out after much pain lol.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote