Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 09:35 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was pulling into the parking deck today, coming into work, and a guy was looking at my car, making sure I was going to stop, because everyone knows me..., and thinks he is at the point where he is to step down one step, but he really was not there yet. So he begins this funny as hell dance, trying not to fall. Everything he was carrying got tossed to the winds, and he just had the most terrible time trying to catch his balance. I was joined by many of his fellow employees in the street applauding him for the terrific dance routine!
Why the heck is that so funny???
I just told my wife about it, and gave a physical description of it all, and she spewed chocolate (no relation to Ziroc's cat) chip cookies all over the place, laughing so hard!

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 10:56 PM   #2
Moni

I bet the dancing man wasn't laughing!
Reminded me of a "friend" (lol~I love some of my old friends) who rented a carpet cleaner and when he started cleaning his carpets, told us about how the last time he did this he nearly cut his finger off in the ceiling fan and couldn't figure out how. (like yeah right...how do you almost cut your finger off in the ceiling fan when you are steam cleaning carpet?!)
Anyway, when he was done he grabbed the cord about five feet back from the socket and gave it a good yank. The yank took his hand back and up and....you guessed it....straight into the ceiling fan...cutting the crap out of the same finger in almost the same spot.
Laughter escaped me as I exclaimed "Well, that's how you did it the last time!" and everyone there laughed too...except the guy. He turned beet red, came at me, and shook his bloody finger in my face speaking at me through his teeth, "You see this? This is not funny!"
Well that only made everyone else laugh even harder and the guy threw the cord on the floor and stomped off to tend his wound and when he returned, he was so angry at me that we all said f*ck this! and left. Like it was my fault because I figured it out before he did!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-11-2001, 11:18 PM   #3
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

I remeber my Brother-Inlaw and I were changing light bulbs on his elevated
deck 20ft high. I placed the ladder and changed one of the three sets of
bulbs and than told Dan he could do the next one. He climbed up as I sat
under the deck on the porch and watched him as he did with me. He got the
casing off and the ladder shifted! As I watched him fall it appeared in
slow motion,nothing I could do but watch he landed on the ladder shoulders
first and luckily I believe it actually saved him from seriouse injury.I
am not one for panicking.I stood up and said "man that looked like it hurt?"
I had to say something so as not to bust out laughing. I am not unsempathetic
mind you I do believe its a man thing,and I didn't see no blood and I quickly
asked "you all right man?" He said yes I think I'm ok.and than I began laughing
as he tried to get his breath back He was sore for a couple days but was fine.
He's a great brother-inlaw and I consider him close family

------------------
Old 07-12-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
Moni

Ouch! My dad did that and broke three ribs! No one saw it though, he just came in from the garage holding his ribs and looking very embarassed and out of breath. A real tough-guy, he did not go to the hospital or anything, he just wrapped them up with a new ace-bandage and went back to changing the flourescent bulbs in his shop.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-12-2001, 03:34 AM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

"Sometimes I think it is funny to see an old lady fall down. Then I stop and think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it doesn't seem so funny."

-Jack Handy

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB