Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-22-2002, 08:43 AM   #1
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Finally have a cd rw, and easy cd creator is the program, and it will not copy or write any of the mp3 files that I have on my hd. keeps on saying they have to be wav to be written. renaming the mp3 to wav does not work, and i seem to be unable to get it converted with win media or anything else. any ideas or experiences you may have had along these lines (helpful, hopefully) [img]smile.gif[/img] would be greatly appreciated. 'zanks!

and a place for my mummy, he seems to have been left behind somewhere as well, geeeeezzze, everything computer is going wrong today. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

[ 09-22-2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: J.J. ]

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 09-22-2002, 08:48 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

What version of Easy CD creator are you running? I have no problem to make music CD´s from mp3s... Otherwise you can find a good converter here

You´re not trying to make an audio CD of a RW-CD are you? That won´t work...

[ 09-22-2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 09-22-2002, 09:03 AM   #3
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
What version of Easy CD creator are you running? I have no problem to make music CD´s from mp3s... Otherwise you can find a good converter here

thanx willow, i will check out the site. It appears i have shareware release v.-1.0, or something, tells me i have to buy the whole thing to get advanced features and all of the help topics they have. A friend did it for me while i was preoccupied with amanda, and I did not really follow along, or would have asked about the 'lite' version. thanx again, off to check.

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 09-22-2002, 09:37 AM   #4
Hexa
The Magister

hmm to my knowlegde every new burning utility automatically converts mp3/wma to wav ... get Nero or Win on CD ... I use them all the time for audio!@
Old 09-22-2002, 09:39 AM   #5
Hexa
The Magister

Quote:
Nonsense .. ofcourse that will work .. the playing of an RW-CD is a different aspect but the burning shouldn't be a problem!@
Old 09-22-2002, 10:09 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Hexa:
Nonsense .. ofcourse that will work .. the playing of an RW-CD is a different aspect but the burning shouldn't be a problem!
Of course you can burn it! But what´s the use of an audio CD you can´t play except on the computer? Then you can just keep them as MP3s...

BTW J.J I can host your sig if you want. Just mail it to me. My email is on my profile [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-22-2002, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 09-22-2002, 10:14 AM   #7
Hexa
The Magister

Well I don't know where u live .. but here in Europe u can buy DVD players that will play DVD/SVHS/CD/CDI/CD-rw's/MP3 cd's ... in short they will play anything.

So that shouldn't be a problem...the question is .. does he has one?@
Old 09-22-2002, 12:37 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well you can convert them with Winamp

First make sure you don't have repeat selected

Then load in the mp3's you want to convert

Press the right mouse button on the main window of Winamp and select

Options>Preferences

Then in the preferences dialog select plugins and then output

You should see a list of plugins Winamp uses to play files.

If you select and doubleclick on the "DISKWRITER" plugin an dialogbox opens up and there you can selct which folder you want to save the Wav files into.

Then close the dialogbox and the preferences box and hit play.

you won't hear anything while it is converting the files.

When it's done go back to the plugin box and change it back to the original plugin ("WAVEOUT" in most cases).

Hope that helps, but there are also hundreds of converters out there [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2002, 01:08 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hexa:
Nonsense .. ofcourse that will work .. the playing of an RW-CD is a different aspect but the burning shouldn't be a problem!
Of course you can burn it! But what´s the use of an audio CD you can´t play except on the computer? Then you can just keep them as MP3s...

BTW J.J I can host your sig if you want. Just mail it to me. My email is on my profile [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]The CD's I burn as audio cd's work on ALL current non cd-r's as well as normal CAR stereos and home theaters.

Now if you have a 7 year old CD player, yeah, sure, it won't work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: J.J, email me the pic, I'll upload it to the server here for ya!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-22-2002, 01:51 PM   #10
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

When I had my old burner, I had ECDC. Just search online for MP32WAV. Easy, simple and it takes up something like 3 mbs. Just make sure when you're done with the wavs to get rid of them cuz theyre MASSIVE!