Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 08:18 PM   #11
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Silk:
Would you say that you should be of a fairly high level to go after firkrag? and what if u aint got any of the afore mentioned spells and tit bits.

No, you don't have to be a high level party to go after Firkraag. It's not so much about the level as it is about the planning of his demise.

Negative Plane Protection is a fourth level cleric spell. I believe any (cleric/druid) party member you start or acquire will be able to
access this spell.
Old 11-08-2001, 08:32 PM   #12
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

The best way to kill a vampire is quickly, everyone knows that, but as for the worst way to kill a vampire is by burning. Theres nothing worse than the smell of thousand year old burning flesh. Yuck! In all honesty the best way to kill the blood sucking godless undead is to summon a creature to distract the vamp, be it a skeleton or a greater demon, the vamp is going to go after that, so youll be free to hack at them. Negative plane protection helps as do ranged weapons and several weapons made to kill the undead

spoiler

such as daystar, and the mace of disruption for example. Greater vampires are a bit more tricky. you need to find their coffin, and drive a stake through their heart after you defeat them in combat and cause them to retreat to their coffin in gaseous form. Hope this helps a bit. and by the way WELCOME TO THE FORUM [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2001, 11:20 PM   #13
Debaser

Sunray and False Dawn are extremely effective in destroying vampires...have one or two Negative Plane-protected fighters go in front to lure the vampires towards them...get them to start smashing. have a priest nearby cast either or both of the aforementioned spells, and vampires will never be a problem for you ever again. I used to dread vampire fights back in the day, now they are more like kobold fights for me.
Old 11-08-2001, 11:51 PM   #14
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Sol's Searing Orb is another excellent spell against any type of undead. You get a +3 to attack. If they fail their saving throw it does 12d6 damage and the target is blind for twelve rounds. If they pass their saving throw they receive 9d6 (9-54 pts. dmg) and are blinded for six rounds. (Blind: -4 to hit & -4 armor class penalty)

If you get a hit, the blind effect is worth it. An extra 4 points on their AC is a 20% help. This could raise their AC from 8 to 12 or 12 to 16. Any way you slice it, it helps you tons.

I love a good vampire steak... (No pun intended)

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

Old 11-09-2001, 05:51 AM   #15
Kingenigma
The Magister

One of the simplest ways to kill vamps with no worries is being an undead hunter. Send him/her in front to deal damage and take flak. They won't see him/her worn down as they expect he/she should and get waxed.
Also Azureedge, daystar, mace of disruption (especially +2) helps a lot.
Old 11-09-2001, 05:53 AM   #16
Kingenigma
The Magister

Haven't killed firkraag yet..but killed the shadow dragon 3 times. I unloaded cloudkill, fireball and holy smite after casting magic resistance. (Reduced it down to 20%)
Old 11-09-2001, 05:55 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

simple and easy

use day star to cast sunfires
Old 11-09-2001, 05:58 AM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DM of FAoIW:
simple and easy
use day star to cast sunfires

Sunray.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:02 AM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

oops, sigh, I havent touched the game for too long thanks

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: DM of FAoIW ]

Old 11-13-2001, 09:31 AM   #20
Anarion

i just blind them and then use the ray of enfeeblement.not so tough now are they! lol!.

how do you use stakes, i dunno how they work?