Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-17-2000, 09:53 PM   #1
Thinker

Wonder why my Wizard->Warlord->Samuri cannot learn level 7 spells although his stone spells level was already Level 8. He is now a Wizard (Level 7), WarLord (Level 11) and Samuri(Level 11).

Everytime during a "Level UP", i was not prompted to choose a spell to learn.

Old 11-18-2000, 04:57 AM   #2
Astyanax12

You are limited to only half your level in magic for any school not supported by your current role. And a samurai only supports Sun Magic. I found that out the hard way. It does explain this in the manual, but who reads the manual?

Old 11-18-2000, 05:56 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehe Well Regis reads the manual!
I've actually read bits of the manual but generally found the presentation a poor choice, at least for my eyes. I know they are trying to give it the look of being "old" and of course it lowers printing costs to do everything in grey and black but how much effort would it really have taken to clean up some of the screen shots so that you could actually see them clearly? I always feel like manuals are sort of an afterthought, something that is thrown together to give you just enough information but not enough.
Wyv