Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 08:30 PM   #1
LarrytheBold

I've confronted Scanthril after successfully completing his killing mission deep in he Stout Mines.
I expected receiving the Assassin Dagger but the Rat will not give it to me. Instead, after clicking on the word "reward" he tells me to go to his hideout north through the woods. This, of course, is a diversion.
I have tried every word in my list in every combination but no luck. Perhaps there is a word or phrase that is not showing up which I can type in.
Any advice? Thanks

Old 11-13-2000, 08:34 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Gosh - you know I never did do this quest so my advice will be worth about that much. Presuming you have saved your game in a location and time near this encounter Have you tried just killing him??? I mean an assassin quest and an assassin dagger - doesn't it seem like just the right thing to do??

(p.s. I really didn't do this quest so I really don't know from experience. No doubt some knowledgeable pernem will come along shortly and give you the real scoop. I just hated seeing your message with a "0" next to it)

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 07:14 AM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

I believe there is a secondary condition to the payoff that you have to find some other character to collect (I forget his name). The problem is: he's a dead body...I think the one on the island in the lake just north of where Scanthril hangs out. I didn't have this problem because I had explored all over the lands from Ishad N'ha west before killing Raskalion and going back for the dagger. Apparently, if you've found the body even before Scanthril tells you to go look for this guy, it trips the switch that gets you the reward directly from Scanthril (he chats about the guy being dead for a bit, first).
Old 11-14-2000, 09:41 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

As ever, Regis is full of knowledge and details!!

Wyv