Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-18-2001, 10:05 AM   #1
Whailor

Hail!

Jaheira got called away to Harper's Hold and Aeria started to simper about something (again). From 3 answers one was rude, one was too careless and 3rd was OK, so being a benevolent fella I am I chose that. But seems that I triggered the romance with Aerie, what is not my intent. I wanted to try the Jaheira line out this time. When I look into savegame, there's the ROMANCE-something flag.

I suppose that 1 means it's started, 2 means that it's active and 3 means it's "closed", ended, over? Aerie is on 2 and Jaheira is on 3? So if I reverse it, I will go with Jaheira (what was my intent)?
Old 11-18-2001, 10:12 AM   #2
Zbyszek

Yes. 3 is over, 2 is active. Should work after change. If not reload [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2001, 02:41 AM   #3
Whailor

Thanks Zbyszek, so it was...

I switched the flags, set the Aerie's flag to 3 and Jaheira's to 2. Immediately, when I got into the game, Jaheira's talk continued. So all was OK, shortly I was attacked by Revianne (or whatever the name was) in Umar Hills. At the point where I am now, that fight was really nothing and they got spanked good. Things did get a bit weird, when lateron, way after Umar Hills, Revianne appeared again at the Copper Coronet. I didn't know that Harpers use necromancy to raise dead heheh.. Well who am I to say "No" to easy XP and extra cash I get from selling the loot, so down they went again.

I was tad worried at that moment though, I thought that if Revianne pops out for the 3rd time, I might be in some sort of a loop. I wasn't though very sure about that, since Jaheira's dialogue continued normally. Guess it was just some glitch, most probably because we already had the fight in Harper Hold earlier and they came now after me, and when I set the Jaheira's romance to be active again, it maybe trigerred the spawn again. Doesn't matter though, all is cool so far. Have had the first meeting with Dermin as well.

Thanks again.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:36 PM   #4
brian nash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What are these romance flags I have been hearing so much about and how do I edit it? thanks in advance
Old 11-23-2001, 05:14 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by brian nash:
What are these romance flags I have been hearing so much about and how do I edit it? thanks in advance

Actually they're Global Variables, that get set to a certain value whenever something important happens in the game.
For example, when you are in a romance with Jaheira, the Global Variable called JaheiraRomanceActive will be set to 2, which means 'active'. If it's set to three, it means the romance is somehow broken off.
You can view all the Global Variables by downloading ShadowKeeper. Install the program and run it. Open your save game and scroll through the options. One of the last ones is Global Variables. Don't mess around with them though, it will crash your game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2001, 02:56 PM   #6
brian nash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you for the help I will have to take a look at them then thanks again