Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
realbinky
Elminster

Dang, I'm in Trynotn, in the Pagoda and... (possible spoiler!).
When I go to the armory, The 3 Oak Saplings Waste my party before I get one 1/2 way down. This is my first trip here. Second Q: Do I have to do the future potion thing and see the shaman? I think I know what to do anyway...
Old 01-03-2002, 03:19 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

hi!

SPOILERISH ANSWERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

you can use the setup of the area to your advantage. that area is a "no magic" zone and since you know they are there now, when you go in just slither in the doorway far enough to activate them. then back up so that you are in the doorway itself.

you can use magic to heart's content. [img]smile.gif[/img]

however, if you don't think you're strong enough, then go back down to lower trynton and fight a few hogars ::smiles big:: that's a few experience points!

also, yes, if you want the story to progress you really do need to summon the shaman.

and, for another hint, there is a way to make sure that you NEVER have to face those things more than once. BUT if you do that, make sure you have grabbed enough of their booty, as they drop some very useful and valuable (to me, at least) staves.

if you want to know what to do, just ask! i'm sure everyone who's been there will be more than willing to disclose what to do. i just don't want to spoil you too much in one post!

V***V
Old 01-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #3
realbinky
Elminster

So, I go back to the very entrance of the Pagoda, where that sign is, and they can't use magic on me? OK, and please go ahead, I'm not proud.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:39 PM   #4
wrolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Before you attack them, you should be in an area where you can cast all the protective spells on party. Then move in towards the trees. When you are in combat, use the walk mode to lure them back into the no magic area. Make sure that they stay in the no magic area, sometimes they will move to the halls and cast spells at your party. Also, the gadgeteer items will work in the no magic zone.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:13 AM   #5
SledgeHammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found that the easiest thing was to cast "Silence" at them as soon as I engaged them in combat. The advantage in using the "Silence" spell (as opposed to luring them into the no magic area) is that your party members can still use magic.
Old 01-22-2002, 01:22 AM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I only "rushed" in to the room then i used the "Element and sould skield spell then they spell allmost not have an innpact on my party then use superman spell on your self then smack them down!

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:24 AM   #7
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I used paralyze and insanity then moved in and mopped up. Creatures are so much easier to fight when they are not moving.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:34 AM   #8
Solomon
The Magister

I agree with MaskedFrog. Lock 'em up and chop 'em up.
Old 01-22-2002, 01:50 PM   #9
LordOgre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought I was hosed when I rounded the corner and there they were. I hadn't saved for a little while. Game events would not have been lost, but I had just redone my entire inventory getting everything straight, then ran into these guys. I did not want to reload from 10 min ago.

Maybe it's just me, but my bard is in LOVE with her new Siren's Wail horn. That thing just saves my butt most every fight. I had all 3 of em babbling and smacking each other around practically the whole battle. They did get off one spell on me, a Toxic Cloud at that...and I believe I lost one of my members..but resurected them before the end. Silence is also a huge help here, if they wern't insane, they were silenced and couldn't cast anyway