Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I suppose this question might belo0ng in the SoA forum, but weve all delt with the stupid drow city right? well what i want to know is how to keep the drow items once u go in daylight. i mean they turn into ash, but i heard theres a way to prevent that and keep the item. anybody know what it is?
Old 02-13-2002, 08:27 PM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

The game has been programed so the the Armour is destroyed when you leave the underdark and not when it is exposed to sunlight as it is supposed to do, So I suppose that you could use shadow keeper to import the armour onto your character before you enter the underdark and once again after you leave the underdark when the armour is destroyed.

P.S If you dont know what shadow keeper is it is a saved game editor that you can grt from:
http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:31 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

well that friggin sucks! i thought there was like a 'legit' way to do it, i was sure there was, but that was awhile back, o well so much for that! bye bye piwafwi cloak....full plate+5...eleven chain+3.... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
ps. daniel id like to say i dont think ive seen anyone come up in the ranks as fast as u have. just a couple weeks ago u were a welcomed new user lol
Old 02-13-2002, 11:17 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, you could use Shadowkeeper or the CLUAConsole to create the items in your inventory, but that is too time-intensive. You could edit the AR2500 script, but why bother? The easy way is to use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("drowitemcheckdone","global",1). This will fool the game into thinking that it has already checked for drow items; this check is done only in AR2500, the Underdark exit. Hope that helps.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:10 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

There is, in fact, a way to get Drow items above ground without actually cheating. Give the items to an NPC (NOT a Multiplayer NPC) and kick them out of the group. Most of them will offer to meet you back at the Copper Coronet (somehow, they can get back there instantly and without your help). Now leave the Underdark, head back to the Slums District.....and BOO-YA!

You may need to put the Drow items into the Bag of Holding, and I've heard that the Piwafwi Cloak bites it no matter what you do.

Now it's true, this trick isn't cheating, per se, but it is pretty cheap. If I was gonna do this, I'd make sure to be very strict about using the items--Nighttime is OK, underground or indoors is OK, direct sunlight means they're toast. Of course, some people just like overpowered, munchkin items to use all the time.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:18 AM   #6
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
If you're using ShadowKeeper to cheat than why not do it good?
What use is drow equipment if you can use even better material and even combine multiple rings of protection and magical armour to get ac ratings as low as minus 23?

I do however agree with Lady Blue03 and advise against cheating to create munchkin characters. The only reason for me to use ShadowKeeper has always been to re-create my pnp character, since I like the idea of seeing how my character for several years now can manage through games like BG and BG II including the expansion sets.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Grindar Silvermane ]

Old 02-14-2002, 09:07 AM   #7
Helspanth
Quintesson

Six of spades is 100% correct.Give the items to Jaheira or I moen and kick them out.All equipment will be safe at the surface minus the cloak,I think that happens because the cloak is a quest specific item.
Also I have my doubts if you get to keep the items in ToB,however

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Helspanth ]

Old 02-14-2002, 09:31 AM   #8
DIRT
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another way to do this very nasty low cheating act is(if playing multi)export a char with the items and once you leave the drow city, import that char.
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote