Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-17-2001, 06:56 PM   #1
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere (I'm sure it has), but the search function didn't seem to be working ... got no results after 5 minutes, so I decided to post.

I've basically completed most of the sub-quests in BG2, and am about to head off to the elven city. But before I go I want to complete the Jaheira / Harper sub-quest, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I missed a trigger of some sort?

Anyway, I already had a run-in with Raviene (had to fight her), and a while back Dermin the Harper showed up once and Jaheira renounced the harpers and he left to talk to his superiors or something. I read in the faq that he is supposed to come back and threaten us, and then Jaheira leaves when you rest next, but this dumbass Dermin isn't coming back, seemingly! I rested about 30-40 times at Waukeens Promenade, then moved around the city (docks, bridge, gates), and I never saw Dermin's stinking hide.

This is really all thats holding me back from finishing BG2 and going on to ToB, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-17-2001, 06:59 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I did read somewhere that sleeping wasn't enough. You (apparently) need to be active for 30 min's game time doing something but I don't know the complete truth of it. Have you bought Jaheira the "Keepsake Locket" from the Docks?

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:15 PM   #3
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I have the keepsake locket.. I hope I don't have to be wearing it, though, thats going too far.

I wouldn't mind waiting around in 'game-time' if I had more quests to do, but basically the only ones left are the character-specific ones (for characters not in the party), and I don't want to have to track down Mazzy or Cernd, Anomen and mess about with them.....
Old 07-17-2001, 07:46 PM   #4
Mellagar

Hmmm, well for me Dermin showed up when I had gotten out of the Underdark and was at the first map you travel to from the Underdark exit. I doubt the keepsake locket has anything to do with it but it does add 'awww' stuff to the romance part. All I can say that would help to travel out of the city and try resting out in the countryside. Umar Hills or Waterdeep...(whatever its called, heh). A lot of thing dealing with Jaheira take place out in the country as opposed to the city I have noticed. If this doesn't work grab the fix for that takes care of issues dealing with Jaheira's Harper Hold plot. I have lost the link to the webpage that has the zip file, so if anyone out there knows the link by all means post it. I hope this helps...as you probably know much of this already.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:51 PM   #5
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Apparently the "fixes" for the Jaheira bugs lead to future problems with ToB, particularly the Baldurdash ones. I can't swear to this, perhaps someone else knows for sure. I can post you a link to a massive FAQ/Walkthrough that covers Jaheira and the times etc etc that things are meant to happen. Post again if you want it.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-17-2001, 08:01 PM   #6
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minor spoiler (perhaps?)

Well, I can´t actually tell if this is related to the topic, but I have some
problems with Jaheira as well. I have finished BG2 4 times and is on my fifth character and have decided to play with him in TOB, that I will buy tomorrow.
But before I finish the game I want to finish the romance with Jaheira ( I have completed the other girls, I want to see how it continues in TOB), anyways, I have speeded it up a little bit by using CluaConsole. I have also gotten a complete dialouge from GameFaqs. But now she won´t say what she is supposed to say! She should say "what a fina dawn" or something (and yes, I have waited from 23 hrs till 7 hrs. nothing) but she doesn´t. Instead, just now, she said a dialouge that i allready had spoken with her! Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong and how I should fix this?
Greatful for answers/
Zayron- gone reeking mad after the final battle
Old 07-17-2001, 08:59 PM   #7
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Mellagar: Dermin HAS already showed up once, but he is supposed to come back and issue another ultimatum according to the faq.

Cavern Sniffer: if it is different from the huge DSimpson FAQ from Gamefaqs, please post a link. This is a wee bit frustrating.