Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 03:05 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am glad that those planes were not carrying anything atomic, or we would be mournig you loss right now!

I am glad you were not hurt, and thankful to your brother that he helped calm us down yesterday, when we did not know anything about your situation.

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-12-2001, 03:06 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thanks Nick, Moni.

I didn't write that the apartment with the view got evacualted. My mother called them as they were leaving. They got caught in the cloud as the second building (WTC#1) collapsed. Mum, Dad, two kids. Part of me wishes I could have helped them, but then I know that had I been that close, the inquisitive me would have got closer to have a look. They are all safe on 25th street now. Thank God.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-12-2001, 03:07 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Milamber, Larry, Cheers!

Larry you are so right. Very sobering thought. In the event of Nuc. war this is a prime target.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-12-2001, 03:17 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh I didn't see this thread Yorick until just now. You and Cloudy were the first people I thought of when I heard the horrendous news re the WTC. We were all very grateful that Leonis posted to tell us that you were OK. But I must say I still worried how you must be taking it all. I can't imagine what it must have been like to see that happen right before your eyes. Seeing it on TV was bad enough. I have been upset and horrified all day yesterday, and still today. What finally broke me and put tears to my eyes was watching people singing "God Bless America" last night, dunno why, it just really did it for me. Again, so happy to know you are OK, and it was very generous and kind of you to offer to help out and give blood to those wounded and in need.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 03:34 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

What got me.. was the rescue workers. The horrible conditions they have and several hundred of them have died already, while trying to save lives.

And last night, I cried all night after seeing the scenes of bodies wrapped on office chairs because there weren't enough stretchers. My God! The sheer overwhelming horror of it all is too much to take in large doses.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 03:46 PM   #16
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

YORICK!!!!!! *Giving you a big bear hug!!!*

So glad to hear you are safe! I read the post from your brother yesterday, but I think we all were waiting to hear from you personally. You and Amber were the very first things on my mind when I first heard what was going on. I think my response was like Slackerboys. I saw both buildings fall live on the news, and my first, and just about only feeling was blind rage. Watching it over and over on the news filled me with horror and shared pain. I read your post though, and the tears flowed.

Glad to know you are OK.
Nachtrafe

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another
Old 09-12-2001, 03:52 PM   #17
onthepequod
Quintesson

Yorick,

I am very glad to hear you're alright.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 03:56 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, bless you, Yorick, and God bless that you are safe. Your account was the most moving that I have read yet...you made it "real." You can't get away from it being brought home like that.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 04:03 PM   #19
Neb
Account deleted by Request

You have my utmost sympathy Yorick, I really mean it, by the way, were you on the news? Someone said something VERY similar to what you said, saying it in much the same way.
Old 09-12-2001, 04:04 PM   #20
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Yorrick!!

Man I am glad to see you. Your story is truly touching, good to see you man. So glad your ok.

One of the first things that came to mind when I heard that Manhtannan got bombed was that you wear there.

Glad to see you alive and well. Well in psyical terms anyway, I dont think any of as are 'well' anymore..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards