Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

I am playing through HOTU for the first time and have read that some of the drow weapons merchants will enhance, for a fee, weapons with +1 to +10, haste, mighty & unlimited ammo (for ranged), spell resistance and other enhancements.

However, I am playing a monk and don't use any weapons. I was just curious if the weapon smiths would enhance any thing else, like a belt or boots, of if it is only melee and ranged weapons? Would a monks gloves be considered a weapon?

I loaded my monk character from NWN and SOU, so I have quite a bit of extra gold, especially since monks can afford to sell any of the weapons and armor they find.
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Unfortunately, your best alternative would be the Kama. Gauntlets don't count.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

I was afraid of that. I just took the thread of life off of some drow corpse or from some drow chest, but unarmed is just the way to go with monks. Then again, I think the kama is the one weapon the monk can use and still retain all the unarmed strike extras they enjoy.
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Witchdoctor:
I was afraid of that. I just took the thread of life off of some drow corpse or from some drow chest, but unarmed is just the way to go with monks. Then again, I think the kama is the one weapon the monk can use and still retain all the unarmed strike extras they enjoy.
That is true, except for stunning fist. A monk can use the flurry of blows feat while single or dual wielding kamas, so enhancing them would benefit your char immensely. I'd also recommend taking a weapon focus in them, along with an epic weapon focus, for attack bonuses.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote