Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #1
Dirk #12
Elite Waterdeep Guard

doing well in the mines, I activated the west trolley, have the pick axe, the broken lever, etc. I activated the second trolley(east) with the broken lever. When I come to the y in the tracks it will only send me to the left. I've been through all rooms in the left track but, cannot get the track to change. Yes, I did switch the lever in the room below w/ the angled up ties that lead nowhere. I can get it pointed the right way but, when I exit with the trolley it turns around the other way. What exactly am I suppose to do? Does the switch in the rooms with the west trolley have anythong to do with this? Am I missing something? Thx for the help
Dirk #12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
Remata Klan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After you used the lever in the left track of the right trolley return to the trolley station and enter the left trolley again. Now go back to the lever you have activated at first and switch it back.
If you return now to the station the right trolley should turn right both times... If I remember correctly

[ 01-05-2004, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Remata Klan ]
Remata Klan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hope you've got it worked out, Dirk! I really disliked this particular dungeon because trolley track puzzle and the levers being so far off. Doesn't help that the automap doesn't display enough of the map to truly be useful.

If you have difficulty with this puzzle, you might want to check http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There are two switches for the two Y-points in the trolley tracks. That doesn't make it any easier, since you have to flip the switches in order to switch the trollies.

However, you can reach the switches from the trolley tracks, so if you follow the trolley down (don't climb on it, just run after it), you can switch the tracks yourself without having to go all the way through and back. That's how Missy did it in her last adventure, largely because I get tired of running back and forth over the same ground.

One hint: before getting started, create a portal at the starting point for the two trolleys. If you get stuck anywhere, you can just teleport back to it. Beats the heck out of reloading, let me tell you...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You can also check out how Stackman's party made their way through the trolley tracks. Remember you can always teleport back to a spot further up the tracks and call the trolley back by flipping the track controls. It takes awhile but eventually the trolley returns.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:58 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Take the left track, flip the lever (which you've already done). Take the right trolley, find the lever, flip it, and then go back on the left track. Flip the 1st switch again, take the right trolley, and you've got it.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote