Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-21-2001, 04:03 AM   #1
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am interested in hearing people's opinions about how I should handle Kerielle's quest. I have Algamesh's amulet but I see it is a +1 AC protection and it has 50% poison protection. At the current time, I do not even have 6 necklaces which give any AC protection so it seems pretty valuable to me. Am I better off keeping it or should I return it and get that naga potion. The necklace I can use for quite a while the potion is a one time thing but if it is that good then perhaps I should return it. Let's hear what you think.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 04:12 AM   #2
carg
The Magister

The first two times I forgot to use the potion against the Naga, and the third time I didn't even bother: esp. for the toad village quest the 50% poison res. is very useful.
I read from others the potion can be used to paralyze the Naga, which is useful if you need some time to cure/regroup, but after your first hit she awakes again. (Sounds like Heuristic park never got around to implementing paralysis properly, and just accepted it worked the same as sleep.)
But from role-playing perspective I of course should give you a completely different advice.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 08:43 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

My party gave the Algamesh Amulet to Kerielle, It seemed like the right thing to do!

But while no one was looking Kali Deth (a rogue at the time), stole it back.

It is also possible to buy it back from her, funny, she seems less sentimental about the amulet than cold hard cash.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 09:23 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wonder if the game designers ever bothered to think about these things. Certainly it makes more sense to keep the amulet given the long term protection it gives compared to the one time use potion (which I never used). Quite often the rewards characters receive seem unbalanced in this game. You get more EX from killing the nice NPCs than you do the worst bad guys - now what is the logic of that??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 09:42 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

That is one of the things I really liked about Planescape Torment: you could solve quests in different ways, and earn Xp accordingly. The brutal hack and slash option usually granted least Xp.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 06:35 PM   #6
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Based on your responses it seems pretty clear I should keep the amulet. That was where I was leaning. I have a feeling like some of you, I too would forget to use the potion. From a role playing perspective returning the amulet is a better thing to do, but from a powergaming perspective-well thats a different story. My pickpocket skill is only one so I doubt if I could steal it back.

In Baldur's gate Chapter 5, there was a quest to find an item for someone. The item which I can't recall what it was was quite good and your reward was a very small amount of cash. In that case it made the decision real easy to keep the item.

I too liked the fact that in Planescape you could solve quests in so many different ways. The Fallout games are also good for this.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:25 PM   #7
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
My party gave the Algamesh Amulet to Kerielle, It seemed like the right thing to do!

But while no one was looking Kali Deth (a rogue at the time), stole it back.

It is also possible to buy it back from her, funny, she seems less sentimental about the amulet than cold hard cash.

Mark
I wonder perhaps if you can kill her and reclaim the amulet? It cost me over 600 gold to identify it... it must sell for a good price. Or maybe I'll just keep it on my adventures.
She really misses Algamesh so much... out of mercy I can reunite them. Besides, it will be good practice for when my ninja becomes an assassin.

-----------------
Cause summer's here and the time is right for fighting in the streets, boy

Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:29 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehe, I stole it back from her, Night Blade! To compensate her for her "loss", I led Gorthius all the way over to the Millhouse so she'd have a new "beau". It's time she experienced closure over Algamesh and got on with her life.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:31 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh...one more thing, Night Blade. Don't underestimate her. She make look small but she's a spitfire, according to Alicat. Some of her spells rival Elyssia's! (the Serpent Temple babe).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:32 PM   #10
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

I tried it and it was a success... I reunited her with Algamesh and reclaimed the amulet... I also recovered a ton of stuff I had sold her.
My character is evil...but it's not his fault, he was the victim of an unhappy home...
Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote