Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 04:10 AM   #31
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:
I agree with both Ranger and KHaN. However, I must clarify.
I feel the American people have stagnated. Through indolence and debauchery, most Americans have lost touch with the ideals of virtue and honor (especially high school kids and other youths. I'm in high school, so I have a pretty clear perspective). We should, as a nation, be more introspective. Much more. Philosophy and religion are, to me, very important. This is one of the reasons that so many foreign peoples hold grudges against America.
Everyone tends to think of Americans as indolent and frivolous, and in WWII the Japanese spread propoganda of the lack of control Americans possess. Sadly, these points have been proven with the monumental instances of racism and intolerance. Our lack of empathy for people other than our own also adds to this.
This is certainly a terrible event, but at least we have finally come together and become more enlightened as a whole. Pity that such a catharsis comes at such a cost.

Don't take this the wrong way but...you are young, wait til you get to be 30 or 40 and see if your views of America are the same as right now. Knowledge comes from the experiences we gain from the roads we travel down. I remember being a teen...sorta.

P.S. Liliara please get some sleep, 2 days is to long and it will do you some good...at least my cats say it will they sleep 16 hours a day!

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 04:48 PM   #32
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Don't take this the wrong way but...you are young, wait til you get to be 30 or 40 and see if your views of America are the same as right now. Knowledge comes from the experiences we gain from the roads we travel down. I remember being a teen...sorta.

P.S. Liliara please get some sleep, 2 days is to long and it will do you some good...at least my cats say it will they sleep 16 hours a day!

KHaN, I completely agree with you throughout this thread. Divine shadow, I disagree, but don't want to get into it here and ruin Liliara's thread.

I'm sorry you're feeling down. I read that article and my eyes got teary too. It is good to know that there are people like that out there though. You might never realize it, but they are there. Out of those 38 people there were enough heroes on that plane to selflessly save thousands by sacraficing their own lives. My heart goes out to their families, and I hope they can take comfort in the fact that their loved ones spared countless more families the same grief they are presently going through.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-13-2001, 05:02 PM   #33
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Lilliara, and to everyone else in need of, a big comfy furry and nice and friendly comforting WOLFIEHUG too you!!!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-13-2001, 06:24 PM   #34
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I am sorry Lilara, I have just been wanting to post that for a while. If you want em to delete it, say so. As for disrespecting America, I was not. I respect it to fullest, and was in no way purposley puting it down. I was saying that the people in America need to change there religous fews. Then America can get back on track again. And dont you dare tell me it is on track, because simply put,it isnt.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon
Old 09-13-2001, 06:29 PM   #35
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
I am sorry Lilara, I have just been wanting to post that for a while. If you want em to delete it, say so. As for disrespecting America, I was not. I respect it to fullest, and was in no way purposley puting it down. I was saying that the people in America need to change there religous fews. Then America can get back on track again. And dont you dare tell me it is on track, because simply put,it isnt.

This will be brief as not to disrupt this thread any further...America DOES NOT need to change it's religious views. You make the assumption that everyone in America wants to be a christian...news is that this is a very diverse country that will always stay diverse. To say that we need to change our religious views is absolute and utter insanity. You are basically saying that those that are not Christians are the ones that are 'ruining' the country are you not!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said

I apologise Liliara for posting this in your thread, but felt a reply was warranted.

I do hope you find the comfort you need, but since I am not a Christian, I'm afraid I cannot provide it

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!