Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-18-2001, 01:37 PM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

You know I just realized something. While all of my fellow class mates are infected with senioritis. (You know the feeling you people had or will have when you become a senior.) I've been thinking about what's going to happen on graduation day. That's almost a year away I shouldn't be forced to think about that. But the subject keeps popping up. "David you going to join the *senior* band?" "David you can't wait can you?" "Are you going to college?" "Going to join the service if you don't get into college?" Sheesh leave me alone, and let me think about this stuff when I have to. I know that sounds crazy but all of this stuff is overwhelming me right now. So many options so little time. *Sigh*

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 01:47 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I fully agree with you, man. Although it's important to plan ahead, enjoy your youth for the fleeting time that you have it, and don't let others overwhelm you with worries. This should be one of the best times of your life.

BTW, you don't have to make these decisions in your senior year. Many teens find that when graduation comes, they're willing to get a job for a year or two while they decide what they want to do next.

Right now, it's summer...enjoy that, and make the decisions as they come to you. No need to hurry anything.

Cheers,

Old 07-18-2001, 01:52 PM   #3
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Yea just have a good time....Plenty of time to worry when your older.

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 03:04 PM   #4
Conan

Welcome back RBF! Balance, and moderation in your life--> ok! Have a great time!

------------------
Conan ~*~

Old 07-18-2001, 03:30 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yup! The questions will eventually have to be decided but snap decisions now just to keep everyone else happy would be a bad mistake. Let it simmer in the back of your mind, and enjoy the summer! Life should be fun!

------------------

Old 07-18-2001, 03:48 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just out of curiousity, RBF, are these your friends that are "jamming" you for answers? The likelihood is that they are VERY nervous and a lot of people are probably putting them under pressure as well about it. Tell them to chill out and enjoy their summer as well.

Take it from someone who knows: if I had it to do all over again, I would have definitely made different decisions. For one thing, I would have majored in Computer Science in college rather than Business. At the time (1981), I had no idea that this industry would be that powerful. Hindsight is always 20/20. When you're 16 or 17, you have no idea what you want to do. Heck, I've seen people in their 30's that don't know what they want to do!

Old 07-18-2001, 04:13 PM   #7
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Four bits of advice.Don't let that just for now job end up your career,it can be real easy to do.Second if you opt military,join the guard or reserves.If you like it it's easy to go full time,if you don't it's only once a month.Third just because you aren't excepted into your first choice of schools(Not implying you wouln't)still go you can allways transfer.Do what you feel is right for you,all too often the people that really love thier job are few and far between when you are in the rat race the rat wins.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-19-2001, 01:54 PM   #8
Redblueflare
Galvatron

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sazerac:
[B]Just out of curiousity, RBF, are these your friends that are "jamming" you for answers? The likelihood is that they are VERY nervous and a lot of people are probably putting them under pressure as well about it. Tell them to chill out and enjoy their summer as well.

As a matter of fact yes these are my friends that are jamming me for answers. They might actually be nervous. Our senior class is tiny, (There are only eight of us believe it or not.) and four more people are coming in next year. These four have skipped eleventh grade, and my class isn't to happy about it. (Excluding me and my friend Matt.) All of them are so busy being selfish about that, or bugging me, I can't tell if they're nervous. They should be happy, we're about the biggest class my school has right now. There are only 90 students in grades 7-12. Yes that's small!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-19-2001, 02:15 PM   #9
Lioness
Jack Burton

Wow, that is small...my school is K-8 and has 240 kids, and i know we are small, but that is really small. Do you like having a smll high school?

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"I am great...start bowin'"
heeheeheeheehee
Old 07-19-2001, 05:58 PM   #10
Moni

Definitely don't rush growing up! Time flies by faster every day, the older you get and before you know it, precious youth is gone.

I have a twenty year old son who is a welder and has VA benefits to have his college paid for but for the last two years, he has worked in coffee shops, hung out with the University crowd as well as some business owners he has maintained a close relationship with since he was 15 or so and has traveled to various states to do nothing more than skateboard, watch skateboarding tournaments and have fun.
Right now he is in Philedelphia, PA and New Jersey, for no other reason than to see what life is like on the eastern side of the U.S.
He has a few years left before he'll need to settle in somewhere, finish his education and get a career going and I think what he is doing is great.
Just living away from home can provide you with a lot of the best "education" you will need to know for the rest of your life.

Take your time when you finally decide to decide but in the meantime, enjoy your summer and your youth.

Hugs!
Moni

------------------