Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-21-2001, 03:55 PM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

Um any help ?
Old 03-21-2001, 04:19 PM   #2
demus
Manshoon

Ah yessss, the good old Kangaxx problem

Tips to kill him are: The demi-lich can only be hitr by +4 or better weapons, Is immune to most magic (but NOT the Ring of Ram), he always tries to imprison the nearest target

Easy ways to kill him are: First kill the lich form, then use a scroll of magic protection (bought from the adventurers mart) on one of your characters who is carrying a +4 weapon (Staff of rynn is probably the easiest to get/use and I think it works), get that character to atack the demi-lich and Bud-a-bing, one dead Demi-lich

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-21-2001, 04:37 PM   #3
ShadowUK

Set the game on an easier level for the duration of the battle.........
Old 03-21-2001, 04:46 PM   #4
Marillion
The Magister

Another tip I read on this board which makes it really easy to take him down I read on this board is...
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Fist after killing him in his normal lich form (Set lot of traps where he spawns) you summon a Wizard eye, he will try to inprison the eye instead and though the wiz eye are imune to that. So until the eye are unsummoned you will be safe.
Than summon a few critters to be inprisoned while you cast a new wiz eye when the first one is unsummoned.
Now to the "hurting" business.
Use Melf's minute meteor in all your memorize slots and that will bring him down.

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 04:48 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

ok first of all the chessy way i think someone did it by casting silence radius on his own party so when the fighters got close to him he couldnt do any magic no nothing no timestop demons or meteor
the non chessy way cast spell strike then warding whip to take out anything else he puts up and then the breach spells and thump him till hes dead
Old 03-21-2001, 05:39 PM   #6
Elhardo
The Magister

ow, wouldn't you feel a bit harsh letting him cast imprisonment on all those summoned animals!!! Have you read the details of that spell!!!
I hope you cast freedom afterwards!!...
Old 03-21-2001, 08:00 PM   #7
Marillion
The Magister

Elhardo.. heh.. Actually I didn't.. those poor babies

jabidas.. Aboute your way.. Spelltrap is a lvl 9 spell and can therefore not be used before very late states of the game.. (if you don't use the scroll)
That might be a minus in that tactic....

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 09:24 PM   #8
Marillion
The Magister

Sorry... saw now that you said Spellstrike..
Old 03-21-2001, 09:48 PM   #9
Nostron
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Dave:
Um any help ?
Here's a tip that worked for me using only 2 people. Get Korgan and Minsc give them a +4 weapon and cast enrage on Korgan and Berserk on Minsc.
Now both of them are immune to his imprisonment spells. Send them in first and he'll keep casting imprisonment spells on the 2 then send in the rest of the ur guys.

To get rid of his protection spells just let him cast it leave, then sleep and when you wake up the protection spells would have ran out. He's defenseless now.
Kinda cheesy but it works.
Old 03-25-2001, 10:11 AM   #10
Bolt Thrower
Welcomed New User

Kangaxx is actually rather easy under the right scenario. I used the Wizard Eye tip mentioned below to great effect. For me, a singe Wizard Eye took the brunt of all Kangaxx Demi's Imprisonment spells (which are unlimited). The trick is making sure the eye itself is right next to Kangaxx, with the fighters just beyond (and still within striking range, thanks to 2-handed weapons).

My exact process was:

1. Position Jaheira, Minsc, Valygar, Imoen around Kangaxx's summoning point
2. Haste, then Quicksave
3. Jaheira casts Harm
4. Summon Kangaxx
5. Let dialogue finish, then pause immediately
6. Jaheira strikes w/ Harm -- reload if hit is not successful
7. Minsc and Valygar strike with Warblade +4 and Wave +4
8. Kangaxx becomes Kangaxx Demi
9. Imoen strikes with Ring of the Ram (thanks to this board for the tip)
10. Kangaxx Demi flees to a far corner of the room
11. My party moves to the opposite corner
12. Imoen casts Wizard Eye
13. Move Wizard Eye next to Kangaxx
14. Move Minsc and Valygar just beyond Wizard Eye; attack with certain +4 weapons (not all of them work)
15. Kangaxx takes about 10 damage per round and dies quickly

Thanks again to all for the help!

BT