Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 07:33 PM   #1
Darius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do i get out?

I have the hilt of the equalizer
I have slept once am i allowed to do that?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 07:43 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yes you can sleep in the mind flayer region (though keep in mind that if you are doing this as the matron mother's quest to get the elder orb brain you have only three days (I think) to do it, so don't sleep too often).

To get out there are a number of things you need to do. You should have spoken to the githyanki who explained about the doors and needing to kill the elder brain to open the exit doors. Most doors in here are only openable by changing into the slayer or by a mind flayer, which you can do by using the control circlets (obtained in the slaves area, bottom right). Then you just need to explore around until you find the elder brain and kill it, which will open all the doors.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:48 PM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

you can sleep as often as you want, but to get out, you have to do several things... (Spoilers ahead)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
First, there is one room, in which a mindflayer respawns permanent. Here you can collect some kind of liquid
Put this into the strange machinery in the room with the sleeping slaves. Now the slaves are free and the boss tells you, what to do further.
Yoe will get then 4 neglaces, which controls mindflayers. Search one and charm him with the neglace. Then you can open some doors, which only a flayer can open. There are then several fights, until you get to the elder brain. Destroy it and you are free to leave.
And don't waste the neglaces... Sometimes the flayers get hostile again, so you will need another. And without a flayer under your control, no doors will open.

OK, this is long verion. But iirc, there is an other method in slayer form to get out. But this I never tried, so maybe one of the other guys here can give you some hints.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 07:50 PM   #4
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Oh, I didn't know, that there is a time limit in killing the elder brain, but anyway I fished everything normally well under 3 days.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 08:06 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

The time limit should be stated in your journal.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote