Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

This is a difficulty I have never before encountered. The interface on the bottom of the screen (the main action buttons) will flicker back and forth between the action and spell buttons. The game works normally otherwise, including my unique spells and items, but the flicker is time-consuming and annoying.
If anyone else has experienced or solved this problem I would greatly appreciate any insights you might have.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hello Azred, good to see you back in the bg forums!

Hmm, I can only think of one thing. Firstly, does this happen all the time? Secondly, do you have any other programs open at the time? Say a chat program or something?

I have seen this problem before when alt tabbing out of games, or when messenger is running. So maybe thats your problem, although I doubt it.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Also, one other thing I just thought of. Does this happen in any other games? It could be a graphics card/driver issue. Or just a monitor problem?

Do you use a CRT monitor?
What GPU do you use?
Old 09-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I'd just chip in to support the IM theory.

Messenger does have a habit of making the screen 'crackle' when a contact tries speaking to you...
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:02 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Thanks, RoSs_bg2_rox! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Great minds think alike; I made sure every unnecessary program was closed and reinstalled DirectX, but the difficulty persisted. I had never before had this problem, but I discovered that holding down the CTRL button stopped the flicker, which was curious. I also noticed that when I added Imoen that she began trying to hide in shadows at a rate significantly faster than the AI rate. The final pieces of the puzzle became apparent when I recalled I had bought a new keyboard and mouse last month. Apparently the new hardware was causing a difficulty, similar to someone pressing the F7 key about 20 times per second. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

I do appreciate the input; I figured I could find the answer by coming here. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote