Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #11
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

So the jury can decide the trial of fact, except when it gets it wrong? I always thought the role of a judge was decide issues of law, and that issues of fact should be left to the jury.

I don't think we can do that over here, a jury can still refuse to convict if it wants to. A kind of political statement, or trying to say that the law is wrong. What timber describes is like something out the Star Chamber.

We can't:
Quote:
2. (Law) A clause in old English statutes and letters patent, importing a license from the crown to do a thing notwithstanding any statute to the contrary. This dispensing power was abolished by the Bill of Rights.
[ 05-04-2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Aragorn1 ]
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #12
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
I know see the judges reason for stopping the trial, but is England being refused her guilty plea just on the testimony of Gramer? What if he's lying? Isn't it just her version against his?

And even if somehow she didn't realise it was wrong (presumably she's socially undeveloped or something) surely the evidence is incontrovertible - she committed those crimes. Motive shouldn't affect whether a person is guilty or not (although I do accept a differing of sentences) IMO...
From what I understand she was trying to plead guilty to being in a conspiracy with Gramer to knowingly abuse prisoners. The nature of a conspiracy is that you need more then one person to be involved in one. She couldn't be involved in a conspiracy to knowingly abuse prisoners if Gramer didn't know he was abusing prisoners.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #13
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
It's a TRAP!
C'mon! Soldiers last name is Akbar.. Admiral Akbar from Star Wars Return of the Jedi. Remember the space battle at the end of the flick he screams: "It's a TRAP!" Sheesh.. tough crowd.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:19 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I got it, Djinn. You Squidhead.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, back from our Mon Calamari deviation, I note that I did see on the boob tube today that our intrepid little idiot soldier England will not face a court martial. Anyone else hear about this?