Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-16-2001, 01:08 AM   #1
Green_Goron
Welcomed New User

im not very good at rpgs and stuff but im trying here so dont flame me.
the only rpg i have played is zelda and pokemon so here goes.

ok im at the begging and i got the key to jaheiras cell but i dont know how to use it and whenever i click on the cage door it doesnt do anything
Old 08-16-2001, 01:28 AM   #2
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

Have you talked to Jaheira.... ?
then she should say.. Ok lets go.. or something llike that...

------------------
Old 08-16-2001, 03:29 AM   #3
Darkman

It sounds to me like you are having difficulty figuring out the interface and how things work in the world of Baldur's Gate. I would suggest you take a few minutes to orientate yourself with the game by practicing in the tutorial mode. And to answer your question, I think once you have the key all you need to do is click on Jahiera's cell door and it will open. Then you have the choice of either letting her join your party or telling that snooty druid off (although she is a valuable asset at least for the first chapter for the sake of her healing spells).

--Darkman

PS. Make sure whoever is trying to open the cell door has the key. If Imoen has it, then either give it to your avatar or let her open it
Old 08-16-2001, 04:29 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I have nothing more to add other than............

WELCOME TO THE BOARD YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooops one more thing.... theres no such thing as a stupid question. If you need help just ask and ye shall receive thats what we're here for

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 02:46 PM   #5
Green_Goron
Welcomed New User

i am stuck in the tutorial. i am at the floor where Imoen tells you to find the trap in the west side of the room but i have looked all over and there is no trap
Old 08-16-2001, 03:03 PM   #6
oldbittercraig
Elminster

select imoen and have her use her "find traps" ability (it's on the bar at the bottom of the screen- I believe the 4th button from the left)
Old 08-16-2001, 05:35 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

When you click find traps and imoen gets close to one the trap become visible in a glowing red box. Then you have to click on the little mask lookin icon and then click on the red box to disarm the trap.

It's lightyears ahead of pokemon and zelda and I really hope you enjoy it. Just give it a chance.

And BTW, there are no flamers or trolls here. We don't treat them nicely...

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-16-2001, 05:44 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Only Lionesses.
Wrlcome and Good Luck. Be sure to check out all your party members talents, so you know how to use them.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Little Angel of Ironworks