Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #1
Sharde
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Howdy All,

New here...

I've played the game once before, quite a while ago when I was running my system on WinMillenium. Now I have a new system on XP and I'm encountering a bunch of new problems, one of which was the compressed town file.

Now I'm in the Crypt near Rethspian and the healing fountain and the game locks every time I go to pick up the buckets in the two rooms surrounding the Bauble Stick pool. I remembered being able to pick up this object before. Is there no fix for this? Will I not be able to pick up all the other buckets in the game? Will the game lock with other items after installing the XP patch? Will re-installing the game fix this problem?

Thanks for any help you can give me here.

BTW, Great site [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sharde
Old 05-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Sharde. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Looks like a job for our techies. I am sure they will be around soon to help you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

By the way buckets cannot be picked up, but that should not crash the game either.

[ 05-15-2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-15-2004, 09:42 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Sharde. May your journeys in the Gael Serran inspire those who dream of following in your greatness.

Hmmm... I haven't run into problems with locking buckets before. Have you gone through the full litany of WinXP fixes -- virtualdub, Win95 compatibility, virtual memory, defrag, video drivers, shutting down other applications, and whatever else I'm missing? Toss back responses to those, and let's see what we can do about it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
Sharde
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've done the XP patch and did the Virtualdub... Is there more I can do with regards to a patch... Also, I'm locking up again when I try to give Kerielle the amulet.

I can't give her the amulet now.

Sharde
Sharde is offline   Reply With Quote