Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Beware-I have a new career

lol well Sparhawk if its any consolation there is no alcohol allowed on a commercial vehicle on-duty,off-duty,anytime. Not even in the trailer unless its on the bill of lading. So LoA will be going dry for WEEKS at a time! The horrors! But not right now so.....CHEERS!

/chugs a beer
Old 09-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gratz LoA! I'm thinking of sponsoring my driver (for my business) for a CDL. How long did it take?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Gratz LoA! I'm thinking of sponsoring my driver (for my business) for a CDL. How long did it take?
3-4 weeks and about $4k depending on where you go. Then you usually have to work for a starter company to gain experience, most insurance companies won't allow new drivers. I'm hoping to get a year in then move back east and go regional or local. Let me know if you need more info!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Well I'm home after 5 weeks and done with the driving part of my training for the most part. Went through or picked up/delivered in over 31 states and I'm worn out! I should be out out on solo on a truck next week. Lady Z my Dad used to work in Warenton If I'm near with time (iffy unfortunately) I will most certainly let you know and buy you a spiffy truckstop dinner! I get to see a LOT of stupid drivers, today almost saw a head-on collision. Also nobody seems to know how to merge onto a highway, its rather amazing. A lot of complete ■■■■■■■ idiots. Anyway I'll try to keep up on some road stories, it should be easier now.
We'll have a sticky thread called "LoA's Highway Memoirs".
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_OHF View Post
We'll have a sticky thread called "LoA's Highway Memoirs".
Nothing too memorable yet Larry sorry I still have not seen a Lot Lizard (truck stop hooker) but when I do I'll be sure to get a picture to post! About to go on my 3rd month solo,a few raises should kick in soon so thats a plus! Truck stop internet costs $4/day and pretty much sucks so I can't get on much to aggravate everyone Everyone have a good Thanksgiving holiday!