Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #1
Zero Alpha

Ok its official. time to cry [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] :

Quote:
Planet Half Life Wrote:
Half-Life 2 Delay Officially 100% Confirmed 210 Comments
9/23/2003 21:12 PST | Half-Life 2 | by Fragmaster
Here's the bad news from Valve's Doug Lombardi:

The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

We're very glad all this release date nonsense is over with and think Valve should have confirmed this earlier.
www.planethalflife.com

[ 09-24-2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]
Old 09-24-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm not sure how long you've been waiting for HL2, but I felt the same way when I heard of the Halo 2 release set back. Q1 of 2004 seems like a ways away, but I do hope it's either mid-January to early-February.

Heh, same thing happened with IWD2 too. I was expecting it at the beginning of my summer vacation, and didn't get it until school was about to start again..
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

This is really frustrating, why does this seem to happen with all the games you look forward to playing!!! I think it's all a scam to build up the hype as much as possible.
Has there ever been a release that went out on time?!?! ha ha

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Hey, don't complain too much. I was looking forward to ToEE, they rushed it out the door, and it has a bunch of bugs. If they delay it and get it tested right before it hits your computer all the better (if that is actually what they are doing...).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:54 AM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Hey, if you want perfection you've gotta wait for it. Otherwise you'll end up with a bug ridden program which requires numerous patches!
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:46 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yeah I agree with Sigmar! But i don`t want another Daikatana...

Well i will be waiting for you.. my love... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:57 AM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Yeah I agree with Sigmar! But i don`t want another Daikatana...

Well i will be waiting for you.. my love... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Don't mention the "D" word, simply refer to it as John Romeo's failure
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM   #8
Zero Alpha

Actualy, i just found out some copies have already been shipped to at least one shop. i would not be supprised if vivendi are playing the Hype game to create support for the game. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] stupid vivendi
Old 09-26-2003, 10:37 AM   #9
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

im cu-cu for half life 2.....but serioulsy i want the game to come out too but delays are somtimes good because now they can make the game even better.
cloud ff7 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:06 PM   #10
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
im cu-cu for half life 2.....but serioulsy i want the game to come out too but delays are somtimes good because now they can make the game even better.
Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
Actualy, i just found out some copies have already been shipped to at least one shop. i would not be supprised if vivendi are playing the Hype game to create support for the game. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] stupid vivendi
Like i said, they are not working on the game. in actuality they are working on 'steam' which is the thing that allows you to play online. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] . i dont want to play online however, so why cant they just release on time .