Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 05:12 PM   #11
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wolggir, I just saw that other sig on the drawings thread. That ones AWESOME, you gotta be the wolfman.
Old 04-04-2001, 05:13 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HI Pauly...*giggle giggle* You snuck off on me again last night!

Wolfie! *big scritches and hugs* How goes the crusade against Mr. Gates?

Moridin? You hanging out here two nights in a row? Wow! What's happening with you today? How was the eco-challenge?

LadyRae, that's probably just fairydust from Puffy, formerly Jermomes dragon. Cobwebs wouldn't DARE stare here...although I had some in my head when I came in yesterday, so maybe I'm the cause of the cobwebs on the wall? EEEF!

CloudFiesta

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 05:14 PM   #13
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Whew! And LadyRae wipes her brow with a nervous hand... You guys had me worried!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-04-2001, 05:19 PM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I think Mr Gates have me in a deathroll, and I canīt get loose..

LoA, well that werewolf isnīt mine so I canīt take credit for it, go to blizzard, and you will find a reddish werewolf..

Well have to try to make my own instead.. grimmer!!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-04-2001, 05:22 PM   #15
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Eco-challenge was OK. I really hate it on USA. It has been covered on the Discovery channel for the past 6 years and just switched this year. The Discovery channel just showed the damn race. USA has to make it into some melo-drame about courage and hope and all that other crap. GIVE ME A BREAK!
This course is 310 miles long. The teams have to kayak in native Borneo canoes, trek through a leech infested jungle (and these are the leeches that can cause life-threatening cuts if they attach themselves to the right place), mountain bike up and down dirt track roads (One person hit a rut and swerved into the trees and a branch impaled him in the chest and collapsed a lung), canoe some more in class 4 rapids (again in native Borneo carved wooden canoes), rappel into a 300 foot deep cave, cave crawl through bat dung up to their knees, and then trek some 30 or so more miles to the finish!

I think just by being in the f****** race we know these people have courage and hope and everything else. They wouldn't be there if they didn't. Just show us the damn race without all the hollywood dramatics! If I want that I will tune in to the next episode of NYPD Blue!

STEPPING OFF SOAP BOX!

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-04-2001, 05:23 PM   #16
Charean
Hathor

Hey there! Anyone miss me? Been gone a couple days on roadtrips... Ah Spring!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Member of the Ladies Guild (aka Instigators Anonymous)
Muse and Eternal Love of KDogRex
Old 04-04-2001, 05:26 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Eco-challenge was OK. I really hate it on USA. It has been covered on the Discovery channel for the past 6 years and just switched this year. The Discovery channel just showed the damn race. USA has to make it into some melo-drame about courage and hope and all that other crap. GIVE ME A BREAK!
This course is 310 miles long. The teams have to kayak in native Borneo canoes, trek through a leech infested jungle (and these are the leeches that can cause life-threatening cuts if they attach themselves to the right place), mountain bike up and down dirt track roads (One person hit a rut and swerved into the trees and a branch impaled him in the chest and collapsed a lung), canoe some more in class 4 rapids (again in native Borneo carved wooden canoes), rappel into a 300 foot deep cave, cave crawl through bat dung up to their knees, and then trek some 30 or so more miles to the finish!

I think just by being in the f****** race we know these people have courage and hope and everything else. They wouldn't be there if they didn't. Just show us the damn race without all the hollywood dramatics! If I want that I will tune in to the next episode of NYPD Blue!

STEPPING OFF SOAP BOX!

Uh huh... LOL...a little into this thing aren't we? I dunno, me, I'd say they were all in it for the glory, the money, the fame? But I'm betting some really are in it for the personal challenge it represents and maybe a few whackos are in it for the pain...who knows?

So the coverage wasn't so hot? Too bad. Especially since you were looking forward to it.

CloudCreaser

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 05:29 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Hello Everyone!
I've poked my head in here a couple of times, but the bar was kind of crowded so I didn't stay long. Looks pretty calm now, so I think I might sit for a bit and enjoy a drink.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 04-04-2001, 05:30 PM   #19
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Uh huh... LOL...a little into this thing aren't we? I dunno, me, I'd say they were all in it for the glory, the money, the fame? But I'm betting some really are in it for the personal challenge it represents and maybe a few whackos are in it for the pain...who knows?

So the coverage wasn't so hot? Too bad. Especially since you were looking forward to it.

CloudCreaser

Money, glory, fame! I don't think so. The entry fee into the race is $10000/four person team and the prize money at least last I saw two years ago was that the winning team got their entry fee back! As for glory and fame, I doubt there is a single person racing that is known outside of the Adventure racing world!

Yes I was looking forward to it, and I guess even with all the melo-dramatics it is still pretty good to watch! Only wish they would televise more Adventure Races

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-04-2001, 05:32 PM   #20
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wolfy, draw a really badass one then!

Cloudy, I didnt abandon you! I did say I was grilling/cooking, it was yummy wish you were here