Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

is it possible to pass the game without a wizard or sorcerer?

fighter
fighter
rogue
cleric

how would this party do ?

<>

since you only have 4 charcters could make them the poweful races thingies with XP penalties. would dividing xp by 4 instead of 6 even the penalty out?

[ 11-14-2002, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: trex_2010 ]
Old 11-14-2002, 11:37 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

They'd work, but the cleric is a caster [img]smile.gif[/img] Do you mean without an arcane caster?

I have read threads where one person has ran a party of 6 monks through the game successfully, so 0 casters is doable.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:47 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am soloing a Barbarian/thief on normal difficulty, and I am at the ice temple now. So 4 Characters should be able to get there easily.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:54 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

It's certainly possible to get through the game without a mage. However, most of the people doing this already have some experience with it. If this is your first time through IWD2, you might want to consider a wiz or sorc; it will make things a bit easier for you.

Nightowl2<>/center>
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #5
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

i already got to dragon's eye, but messed something up so the guy never repaired the lever to make the poison potions. thus, i can't go to next level. I'm thinking of doing it again. with 3 people actually.

how does the multiclass thing work in IWD2? I haven't multiclasses anything since baldur's gate 2. What if i want to make a fighter / rogue, how would i go about getting rogue abilities and warrior hps + expertise. Do the levels have to be the same or something?

i'm just wondering how i could kill sherincal and all those other fun mobs with 3 people.

[ 11-15-2002, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: trex_2010 ]
Old 11-15-2002, 08:15 AM   #6
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by trex_2010:
is it possible to pass the game without a wizard or sorcerer?

fighter
fighter
rogue
cleric

how would this party do ?

since you only have 4 charcters could make them the poweful races thingies with XP penalties. would dividing xp by 4 instead of 6 even the penalty out?

Yep no problem. I played through the game without rogue, never missed one. I think there is no profession that is a most, except maybe a druid or a cleric.

My favourite party consists of 6 drow, so I guess that answers the second question.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:19 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Multiclass is pretty simple, actually. On level gain, you choose the class you want (or want to advance), and it works just as if he/she were single class, in terms of skill points, skills, feats, etc.

The abilities of both classes are available to you at all times. Class restrictions do apply, though. A fighter/wizard would have a chance of spell failure for trying to cast while wearing armor, unless you took Armored Arcana.

The one thing to be careful of with multis is the "favored class" rule. As long as one of your classes is favored, no problem. If neither is favored, then they have to be within one level of each other (3/2, 5/4, etc), or you suffer a 20% experience penalty.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:49 PM   #8
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

oh that kicks ass. baldur's gate multiclassing was horrible, imho.