Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-20-2002, 01:38 AM   #1
Aar-Daneel
Dungeon Master

i take it that all you eager puppies out there are fully versed in 3ed i'm not but do intend to be VERY soon.
i've just been to neverwhere vaults and had a look at the creature browser now i maybe wrong because i'm not too sure of 2ed either but should a sucubbus really have an ac of 20 or an umber hulk 17 a wraith 15
it seems of what i can grasp of an incomplete picture that ac is now going up!

comments? corrections? rants?
[IMG] [url]\"http://www.yoursighost.com/members/ardaneel/sig1.gif\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.yoursighost.com/members/ardaneel/sig1.gif</a> [/IMG]<br />a meticulous planner may get results, but they miss out on all the chaos
Aar-Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

in 3e, higher AC is better, unlike in 2e. That's all I know
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 01:36 PM   #3
Saaril
Welcomed New User

k... this is how it goes down. you have like in your 2e a base of 10 on the AC and then the next thing you do is add your dex bonus to your 10. as in 10=0 12=1 14=2 etc. Then you add your armor bonus. like a chain shirt has a bonus of 4. so my ranger with a dex of 18 has a base 14 ac then add his chain shirt and it gives you an 18 AC. There are a couple of feats that help out with ac as well.

Now that you have a char with 18 AC a goblin must meet that on his attack roll or he misses. If i am wrong anybody please clarify or correct.
That is all I have to say.