Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-15-2002, 12:27 PM   #11
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I found that a GREAT secondary healer is a rouge with the "Use magic device" ability. Probably only high enough in HoF mode, but I used my rogue to "Resurect" "Raise Dead" and "Heal" from the preist scrolls I found. Very useful when your Clerics get killed off. I actualy used my Rogue to Resurect my cleric! I wonder what the cleric thinks of this?
Old 11-15-2002, 10:07 PM   #12
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimli:
What?? Everything she sells for me is the same low low price - 1 gp. Then again I have a silver-tongued Rogue who asked her what kind of rewards we'd get when she asked me to go get her sword I use her as an "Aid" machine - 6 gp and the whole party is buffed.
Hmm... prices for me that I remember are:
Cure Light Wounds - 10gp
Raise Dead - 700gp
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 01:25 AM   #13
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Wow, now that's inflation! [img]smile.gif[/img] Emma sells everything for 1gp for me, guess having a slick-talking leader is worth it after all.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:32 AM   #14
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimli:
Wow, now that's inflation! [img]smile.gif[/img] Emma sells everything for 1gp for me, guess having a slick-talking leader is worth it after all.
Hmm, maybe i'll have to try that next time through.
Party Update:
  • 3/3 Paladin/Cleric
  • 4/2 Fighter/Barbarian
  • 6 Wizard
  • 5/1 Rogue/Fighter
Just gotten through the gate at the goblin stronghold (boy was that tough). What's with all those worg riders warping in right next to my mage!? Those battles went from 4-5 worg riders, a ice troll, 2 shamen umpteen hundred orc archers, to 7-8 worg riders + the rest. I had to re-load about a million times! (gross exageration)
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 03:43 AM   #15
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

to stop the worg riders coming, u have to destroy the drums, or the person you bangs 'em. I send in an invisble character (usually rogue) sneak attack the drum, and high-tail it outta there!
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 09:12 AM   #16
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I'm playing through now with these guys, they're maybe 2/3 of the way through the goblin fortress:

Shield Dawrf Barbarian, 7th
Aasimar Ranger, 6th
Human Monk, 7th
Gold Dwarf Painbearer of Ilmater, 7th
Drow Rogue, 5th
Tiefling Wizard, 6th

The Rogue I made specially to be the leader - his stats are like this:

St:10 Co:10 Dx:16(+1) In:16 Wi:14 Ch:14

He is getting Dex and Cha buffed by the Wizard. From what I understand,
to see all the dialogue options, you want all 3 talking skills maxed, and
at least a 16 Int, 14 Wis, and 16 Cha. So since I could buff Cha, I let
that one be a little bit behind. Stat-wise it's a demanding character, but
he has opened a couple of new dialogue options I've never seen and gotten
sone extra exp just for talking; and as an archer and backstabber, he's
not too bad in a fight either.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:27 AM   #17
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My suggestions: 1) Reload, as said above. 2.) If you don't mind cheese, go back to your last saved game where your character was alive, Export them, delete the dead character, and re-import.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:53 PM   #18
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Only problem with export/import is that you lose all the info on the last character screen relating to "most powerful vanquished", number of kills, xp percent, etc. However, it's still early in the game and it doesn't matter too much.

Also, note that all three drums must be destroyed if you want Ennelia to be alive when you come back with Braston.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 03:12 PM   #19
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Also, if you cast a heal spell on her, you will get free XP.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote