Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #21
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

mmmmmm. Gate spells.
Is there nothing that they cannot do?
So useful... Nothing like summoning a critter thats immune to 90% of enemy attacks.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:36 PM   #22
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Yes... Gate is a great thing. And by the end of my game 4 of my characters will be able to cast it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good times. I wish druids could cast gate too. But elemental legion will have to do. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2002, 11:53 AM   #23
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

Sometimes there's a SHPLURT!!!

[ 11-12-2002, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Eg0[)e@th ]
Old 11-14-2002, 03:38 AM   #24
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

Jack. I was inspired to say the least and started the same thing. I found hiding to be useful at the start more than anything. I am now on my way to the Ford and I have the sorcerer on level 13. At 5400 xp per orc, its sort of...

I noticed that you were discussing the problem of level squatting. How can this be a problem? I must be missing something here. Can you help me out?
Old 11-14-2002, 12:25 PM   #25
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Well, there are too problems really. ONE: is if you are multiclassing and your multi class has NOT been takin care of before you get up to high levels chances are you will not be able to do it because Problem TWO: when you finaly do level up you wont get ANY or hardly any experience per kill... So you can level quick. But your kinda stuck at what ever level you end up at. Its not a problem it can just take some enjoyment out of the game to be level 30 all the way through or be level 20 and not get anymore experience until your at the hand.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:55 AM   #26
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

Thanks Jack, I also thought that perhaps levelling up 1 character at a time? I am not planning on multiclass except with one character.

I have level 24 sorc
level 8 ranger and I wanted to get 15/15 ranger/barbarian so I should level up now
and level 1 in

barbarian
cleric
druid
wizard.

I was just going to wait until I hit 435000xp and then level up whenever that will be.

It does mean the wizard will suck due to lack of spells....

Do you reckon I could level up each character separately?

I may try it.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:36 AM   #27
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Question Mark

Ya you can level each one up seperatly as your gaining experience. but it will lower the over all experience you gain. BUT if you only want to dual clas ONE character and you leave the rest low your overall average should be low as well. Say one guy at 15 the rest at 5 would be considered 15+5+5+5+5+5=40/6=6.6666etc. So your party SHOULD gain about the same experience if you only level up one guy, BUT Im not sure thats the way its averaged. Thats my best guess. Im new to this HoF Level Squating cheez myself. Just started doing it a week or so ago. And the party I started doin it with I decided I didnt like. The wizard seemed weak because the lack of scrolls until MUCH later in the game. And I dont think that the fighter multi-class for my Divine Casters was wise in HoF. In regular mode it would have been devistating but spells are EVERYHTING in HoF. So straight classes would be better I think for most of my party. One level of Pally for Sorcs is a good Idea though. And Im workin on Human Sorcerer Tank 18/16/18/3/3/18 I would build him to be a self buffing fighter. Raise his strength a bit and cast tensers on him. [img]smile.gif[/img] And I want to make a straight Rogue to be party leader. I want to have every option open in dialogue next time I go through, so I am making an Aasimar Rogue 10/14/10/16/14/16 Not going to be the greatest rogue ever but I will keep her/him hidden most of the game. I like the battle Druids and Clerics still but I think I will leave off the fighter level and if I do ad them it will be much later. I think my new party will be:

Aasimar Rogue 10/14/10/16/14/16
Aasimar Sorcerer/Pal1 10/10/18/16/6/20
Human Sorcerer/? 18/16/18/3/3/18
Human Cleric of Mask 18/16/18/3/18/3
Human Cleric of Illmater 18/16/18/3/18/3
Human Druid 18/16/18/3/18/3

Should be nice... and cheap. I will have to learn to live with 5 summons at a time instead of 6.

Sorry I got to rambling there. Its late... Time to sleep methinks. [img]tongue.gif[/img]