Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2003, 09:12 AM   #21
DameonRules
Manshoon

I haven't been to a state i didn't like but as to the fries thing, personally i think they should be called
VETO fries. and as to the french thing of course they don't want to go to war cause whenever they do they get waxed by thier opponents in like a week.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:51 AM   #22
Rokenn
Galvatron

1) not too found of Texas, given the way Texas based energy companies bent California over during the manufactured 'energy crisis'. And the glee many Texans expressed at California's misfortune.

2) Fries are bad for your health [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #23
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by DameonRules:
and as to the french thing of course they don't want to go to war cause whenever they do they get waxed by thier opponents in like a week.
I was led to believe that they held interest in the Iraqi oil corporation (or whatever you want to call it), and thus why they were unwilling to join the war.

And to counter, no, the French have won at least one war that I know of. The American Revolution; they were actually the buffer we needed to free ourselves from Britain.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:42 PM   #24
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Rokenn, don't forget that it was the Governor of California and the Dem controlled legislature that brought on the energy situation there.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:49 PM   #25
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
Rokenn, don't forget that it was the Governor of California and the Dem controlled legislature that brought on the energy situation there.
Yes Gov Pete Wilson(R) signed the law passed by the legislature. It was Enron, et al that BROKE THE LAW to exploit deregulation to the maximum effect, crippled the California economy, and sent three publicly held utilities into bankruptcy. Which affected the pension and retirement income of countless people over the entire country.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:49 PM   #26
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by DameonRules:
and as to the french thing of course they don't want to go to war cause whenever they do they get waxed by thier opponents in like a week.
I was led to believe that they held interest in the Iraqi oil corporation (or whatever you want to call it), and thus why they were unwilling to join the war.
[/QUOTE]The French claimed there was no plausible reason for pre-emptive war. The Americans claimed Saddam's hand was poised above a button connected to a mother-lode of WMD.

Each side had lots of valid reasons to support their claims. But they both had a big, oily reason to get involved. Bush AND Chirac are dirty, in that sense.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #27
Finn
The Magister

1) I've no beef with any of the states.

2) Why can't you folks just call them "Chips"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 12:13 AM   #28
Gammit
Elminster

1.) Ohio (the Canada of the Union)
2.) French Fries
Old 07-03-2003, 04:27 AM   #29
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Finn:

Why can't you folks just call them "Chips"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Because that would mean that we'd have to call our chips, "crisps", which would be cruel and unusual for all foreign students of English and people with speech impediments. Won't you please think of the Children!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:26 PM   #30
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

1. California. Can we please have the big earthquake already?
2. WGAS