Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2003, 10:03 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Go to www.google.com , and type the following in: (or cut and paste)

chocolate +cat +Florida +blind

-- For those that haven't seen my 'Dedication' to my Other God-cat (Charly) which passed away in 97, and my current Master [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Chocolate (i.e 'Choc').

Charly was born in 1980 and lived until 1997. He was just as amazing as Choc is.. He wasn't blind though. but that doesn't stop Choc from doing EVEYTHING a normal cat does.. hell, Choc plays MORE than Charly did, and that is a LOT! lol.

Lately, when we make dinner, Choc jumps up on the Kitchen bar stool (we have an 'island' kinda in the Kitchen with 2 Stools) and when we prepare meals on the island, Choc jumps up, and all you see is his little head pop over the counter sniffing the air [img]smile.gif[/img] . Seriously... I don't even think of him as blind. If I didn't tell people that visited, they would never know. wild stuff... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-26-2003, 10:12 AM   #2
Irongrinder

ah, makes me want to get a cat of my own [img]smile.gif[/img]

But as long as I'm not living on my own yet, I won't be allowed to have a cat because of the furniture. Oh well, a few more years perhaps.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:33 AM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I'm already getting itchy [img]smile.gif[/img] ah_ahh_AHHHHCHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

awwww Choc looks so cute at age 5

He looks all shy like he's going "*pshaw*"

^_^ ~W~
Old 02-26-2003, 10:57 AM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

was it feline urinary tract syndrome charly had? my old cat t.c. had that. he had the full surgery as well. they had tried a shunt wit no success. he was 17 when we had to put him to sleep. he developed pancreatic cancer. i now have an spca cat too, dexter. he's not blind, but he is defective. he's not fond of being played with too much by justice, but he hate it if she ignores him! who knew a cat could love a four year old!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:59 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

it wouldn't come up for me...
Old 02-26-2003, 11:43 AM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
I'm already getting itchy [img]smile.gif[/img] ah_ahh_AHHHHCHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LLAO I am sooo totally with you there....

ah_ahh_AHHHHCHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 02-26-2003, 12:28 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
was it feline urinary tract syndrome charly had? my old cat t.c. had that. he had the full surgery as well. they had tried a shunt wit no success. he was 17 when we had to put him to sleep. he developed pancreatic cancer. i now have an spca cat too, dexter. he's not blind, but he is defective. he's not fond of being played with too much by justice, but he hate it if she ignores him! who knew a cat could love a four year old!
Yeah, when Charly was 5 or so, he had a buildup of crystals in his bladder, and they had to remove his BEEP. so he didn't have his BEEP *or* his BEEP! He could hold his bladder though. SOMETIMES he would 'leek' [img]smile.gif[/img] when he streched or I picked him up to fast, but other than that, he did fine!!

Charly died of Kidney failure. He was with me since I was in 1st grade. and god... when the Doc said that he wouldn't last a week, I was devastated. I screamed, wailed like a baby . He was my freaking CHILD!!! I know it sounds silly to many people, but not me [img]smile.gif[/img] I still tear up thinking of the last night I spent with him. I took him home, and we laid on the the bed, I laid him on his favorite blue blanket, and put my arm around him, and told him not to be scared, and stuff, and told him it's ok to go. I hugged him, and he took his last breaths. (god, crying now...) A part of me died with him.

I am very blessed to have Choc. He is as amazing as Charly was.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-26-2003, 12:34 PM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

The very same feeling with our dog when I was young. He was only ˝ a year younger than me so we sort of grew up together. At 14 he couldn´t rise up by himself. Still my heart broke when we had to put him to sleep.

But Choc is too cute Z. [img]smile.gif[/img] He looks so adorable on the picture where he is sleeping and the other one where his eyes are closed. Not that the other ones aren´t adorable but those two stand out. [img]smile.gif[/img] My aunt has a cat who lost his tail by getting hit by a car. He can still jump as well as the next cat. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2003, 12:40 PM   #10
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark

Ziroc,
That pic of Choc sleeping is too cute. My cat not only has claimed her own chair, she thinks my guest room is hers and gets VERY annoyed when anyone else stays in there.

Your cat Charlie, when he broke his tail, did it stay broke? I ask because mine was hit by a car before I got her and her tail is "dead" so it just hangs there. She can't feel it, and it's pretty funny when she notices it because she'll start running in circles to chase it or will fall off of her cat tree trying to grab it.

Another interesting thing we have in common, my current cat looks EXACTLY like the cat I had for 15 years (except for the broken tail). Like you, that was totally coincidental, she was a friend's cat that I inherited.