Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Anyone ever save Glacias in the D'Arnise Keep?

SPOILER Ahead

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

My mage did. I cast Mental Domination on him. However, how come Nalia has no dialogue with him after that? Also, why couldn't he take control of the Keep after Torgal dies? It would make sense, since the "Weaponmaster normally takes control", according to Nalia...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

*Spoiler*
I have done it before but generally speaking it depends how early I do the quest. If it's early in the game I might want my hands on his full plate mail, if it's later I probably already have good armours. Normally that quest is one of the first I do so I very rarely save him, infact.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I never cared about the plate mail. I usually use whatever magical items I get from encounters. But for your info, this was very late in the game.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You cant speak to him while he's dominated... you have to wait either for spell duration to run out or cast dispel magic so that his circles becomes blue and not green.

you have to be fighter or barbarian or monk to control the keep... (ranger, paladin will not do). Also will not work if you already have another stronghold (which is your case I believe since you wrote i the other post you have the planar sphere).
Old 02-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
You cant speak to him while he's dominated... you have to wait either for spell duration to run out or cast dispel magic so that his circles becomes blue and not green.

you have to be fighter or barbarian or monk to control the keep... (ranger, paladin will not do)
Well, when I cast Mental Domination, he went blue right away.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:39 PM   #6
wally p
The Magister

hm...that's interesting. I remember one time long ago,I dire charmed him (ring of human influence) and that eventually worked when it wore off..but this time through he went hostile afterwards. ooops.
wally p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #7
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Well, mine wore off right away due to Jan shooting a bolt at him a second before the charm...
Old 02-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #8
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

My Charm did a good job charming him, but he didn't do anything and I got the message 'Charm'ed creatures can't talk to you' or something like that.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

In that case if you wait until the charm wears off, he should turn blue and you can then talk to him, although it doesn't always work.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #10
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Use a certain ring that's located in the same keep.