Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2002, 01:57 PM   #11
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Thanx for helping out Z, I have sent the mummy gif to you to upload, just let me know what his new addy is once you get him up and shambling again. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Jorath, thanx for the tip on using winamp to convert the files, am going to try that, and willow, I keep having error msg with the converter from cnet that you showed me, says 'unsupported file format'. probably my antiquated system

just got up, so am going to be trying to keep on converting. Anyone know if roxio will support multiple cd-rw manufacturer's formats? -

[ 09-23-2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: J.J. ]

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 09-23-2002, 12:49 AM   #12
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by Hexa:
Nonsense .. ofcourse that will work .. the playing of an RW-CD is a different aspect but the burning shouldn't be a problem!
Of course you can burn it! But what´s the use of an audio CD you can´t play except on the computer? Then you can just keep them as MP3s...

BTW J.J I can host your sig if you want. Just mail it to me. My email is on my profile [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]The CD's I burn as audio cd's work on ALL current non cd-r's as well as normal CAR stereos and home theaters.

Now if you have a 7 year old CD player, yeah, sure, it won't work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: J.J, email me the pic, I'll upload it to the server here for ya!
[/QUOTE]still have not gotten a cd burned yet, not for lack of creative use of all those converters out there, am going to have to try to reload software and driver for burner, I guess *wah*
Ziroc, whenever my mummy has a home, just let me know.....*sniff*

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 09-23-2002, 01:24 AM   #13
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

check out http://www.cdex.n3.net/ . It has an mp3 to wav converter program on it that is tops.

[ 09-23-2002, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 09-23-2002, 01:32 AM   #14
Ilythiiri
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Well you can convert them with Winamp

First make sure you don't have repeat selected

Then load in the mp3's you want to convert

Press the right mouse button on the main window of Winamp and select

Options>Preferences

Then in the preferences dialog select plugins and then output

You should see a list of plugins Winamp uses to play files.

If you select and doubleclick on the "DISKWRITER" plugin an dialogbox opens up and there you can selct which folder you want to save the Wav files into.

Then close the dialogbox and the preferences box and hit play.

you won't hear anything while it is converting the files.

When it's done go back to the plugin box and change it back to the original plugin ("WAVEOUT" in most cases).

Hope that helps, but there are also hundreds of converters out there [img]smile.gif[/img]
i tend to rely more on MusicMatch... very much better than winamp...