Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-22-2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Ziroc

I don't know if I said this or not, but a week after my mom came home, she went BACK, and complained about not being able to breathe. They did scans, and found that she had Pneumonia, and 1 quart of fluid on one of her lungs.. They drained it, and did scans, and MORE scans. The antibiotics didn't seem to be working, and they did MORE scans. Then the Pneumonia cleared up, but NOW, the have found 'spots' in her lung area and BELIEVE (Not 100% sure yet) that they have found Multiple myeloma. Cancer.

This is what I was SO worried about. She is 70, and has shown signs of this. (I read Medical Sites a lot and have a good deal of knowledge on it) but man, I never thought she would GET it.

Below is a description of what it is:

------------------
WHAT IS MYELOMA?
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a malignancy of plasma cells. Plasma cells are antibody-producing cells normally present in the bone marrow, but also occurring throughout the body wherever there is an immune response. Myeloma is usually called "multiple" because the malignant plasma cells, or myeloma cells, accumulate and produce involvement in multiple areas of the bone marrow. The most commonly affected areas of bone marrow are in the spine and pelvis, plus the rib cage and skull. Sometimes only one bone marrow site is involved. This is a solitary plasmacytoma, also referred to as Stage I myeloma. Occasionally, lesions occur in soft tissue outside of bone, most frequently in the head and neck area. These are soft tissue plasmacytomas, which can also be referred to as myeloma Stages I through III, depending upon the number of plasmacytomas. Myeloma cells produce a monoclonal immunoglobulin that appears as a monoclonal protein "spike" in the serum and/or urine.
-------------------

I am beside myself.. and my sister that came down LAST time, came down AGAIN! (I'm very glad) and we have all been visiting her daily.. My sister has been staying with her all day too! We're also about to be killed by bills.. So life right now sucks.. I just needed to tell you guys. I watched my Dad get weak and die, and it kills ME to think I have to watch it happen again.

If you will, say as many prayers as you can for her, and thanks everyone for the support, it has helped in more ways than you know!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 08-22-2001, 01:26 PM   #2
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Hang in there man. You are in our thoughts.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 01:31 PM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry to hear that - I will hold a good thought for you and your mom.

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 01:36 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Damn, sorry to hear that my friend. be sure that weŽll hold a though for you and your mum !

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 08-22-2001, 01:39 PM   #5
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I thought your mother would be perfectly fine now, and i'm sorry to hear that she isn't. Don't give up hope yet. Cancer does not mean the end. As long as the doctors found the caner in it's early stages there's a pretty damn good chance she'll turn out alright.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:44 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ohhhh, Dan. I am so, so sorry. I know this is so totally stressful for you right now.

As Nick said, hang in there. Where there's life, there's hope. I will continue to keep her and you in my prayers.

Do keep us posted.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 01:50 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As self-proclaimed spokesman of the OHF, (old horny farts, as you term it...) I should remind you that you have an army backing you up!

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Old 08-22-2001, 01:56 PM   #8
Gabe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry to hear that Ziroc, I say a few prayers for her and hope everthing will turn out right.

------------------

The angel's MIA.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:57 PM   #9
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
As self-proclaimed spokesman of the OHF, (old horny farts, as you term it...) I should remind you that you have an army backing you up!

Correct
And even if it is cancer
the changes are big it's easely removeble
let's just hope

------------------

Old 08-22-2001, 01:58 PM   #10
Moni

So sorry to hear this news Ziroc.
I will continue to keep you & yours in my prayers as always.
Bless You,
Moni