Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #31
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cool. I was going to add that about the chests, seems like it came up in dialog a while back, maybe a long while back. One of the old time faithful crawlers and myself tried to open one of those in Khelben's basement for about 1/2 hour, but that was before epic levels, so...Needles to say, at the time, we had nothing coming. Most of the time, those chests are in inaccessible areas, but a simpler fix would be to make it require a key.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #32
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, some of them I changed to invisable placeables.. should do that.. [img]smile.gif[/img] Would save some peoples time huh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, someone talked about an invisable chest, I need to know exactly where it is. give level, and landmarks or areas. spawns too if you can.

It may be a bug I need to fix.

Thanks for the bug reports btw, it helped me get this done fast!!! good work!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:10 AM   #33
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I haven't touched any XP changes...

Those chests are not meant to be opened. They are used for random items 'special random items' that need to be in there, and will spawn in chests throughout the level.. That is why they are where they are. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh yes, expect loads of new items, and some of your ideas you sent too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm waiting till tomorrow night to see the new free premium content release, and see if I wanna add anything to the patch from it. Other than that, the patch is ready to go! Added fixes for the minimap whitespot too .

Also, all NPC Port's should be back to normal in v1.1.
1) RTB explained to me what the heck was happening with my XP, so I am good on that. Never had that happen before in the module, so I will a little off-center when I was dealing with 480 XP vs. the regular 600 XP.

2) Thanks for explaining the chests. It makes a little more sense now than it did before. I will have to look thorugh a progamming manual for a proper explanation I am sure, unless you want to spend the time going into details for it.

3) Looking forward to the new items there, Ziroc. And when you say some of the ideas I sent in, are you talking about items from the suggestions thread or the project you asked me about a few months back? One other thing about the suggestions thread: did you still want me to send in the "finished" versions of the weapons and creatures to you? If so, I'll continue on as I have. Just wanted to know ahead of time if you still wanted more stuff to be heading your way as I have no intention of overwhelming you with all the stuff still running through my head.

4) Free premium content release? Who? What? Where? This is news to me. Where do I go to find out more about this particular set of events?

5) Glad to see you found an answer to that white spot issue you were having with the new tiles in the dungeon set. Easily overlooked in the greater whole, but having it fixed will be a great benefit.

6) REALLY glad about the portrait issue. I hope some of the extra portraits I sent into you recently show up within the next few editions of the online module. I know I sent a few extra ones to go along with the henchmen ideas I had from Planescape: Torment (Annah and Falls-From-Grace) as I figured where one image might not work, another one would.

7) Be forewarned, everyone: the new katanas look a little strange in the hands of an elf character. I think it is the scale between a regular human and a regular elf. Regardless, they cut through your opponents just the same. Trust me, I have tested their sharpness out on ogres, skeletons, goblins, and a few mercenaries... not to mention cultists.

8) Every so often I get "glitches" where some random items all go into "white spot" mode, much like the error we are getting on the maps at the moment. Is this a regular occurance if/when the module does not load quite right into the computer running it? I have had this problem for quite a few months, but as it is intermittent, I thought very little of it.

[ 06-30-2006, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:22 AM   #34
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The tileset white spot--you mean when you bring the map up right? If so, yeh, I fixed it. Also corrected other textures. (sky in tavern) and other stuff.

(About your items)--yeh, the sent in ones. will be adding loads of them. If you have updated stuff, send it on up! [img]smile.gif[/img] (Hold on the monsters) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #35
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ah yes. The invisible chest.

I tried to get a screenshot but I don't think my software was up to it.

So. A description.

Level 12. Just South of the center there is a wall of rock running from East to West. The invisible chest is at the Western end.

Next to it is a spawning Ancient Back Dragon and a pattern of V-shaped or chevron on the floor.

If that is not enough to spot it, then perhaps the next time I'm in Halaster can zap me to lvl 12 and I'll highlight it.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #36
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

It wasnt a double post. There are 2 days between each post and each is worded (slightly) differently.

As sad as it might seem, I'm on strike from the mod until something is confirmed to be in those chests - even if its just a note saying "nothing in here Dace you willyhead".

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #37
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There's nothing in there, Dace, you willyhead...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #38
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Willyhead!

That's a very polite word.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #39
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Better than other words I could have come up with for creating a character able to open DC100 locks and levelling him for nothing.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #40
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'm sorry Dace, nothing in them. For your troubles, I shall make a Taco of Gaseous Death for you.

And there IS a taco icon..... [img]smile.gif[/img]