Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:58 PM   #201
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

No what he means is that if you have a certain quest item in your pack (Lesters flesh does this as well) and you log off and log back on it will give you xp.

Example.

1. I talk to Bumbis and he gives me the quest
2. I kill the Desert warrior Leader and get the eggs (who respawns by the way giving you the change to have two sets of eggs [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
3. All of a sudden I need to log off with out giving the eggs to bumbis
4. When I next log on (usually after a server reset) the game will give me 1000 XP since I have the eggs in my backpack. Lesters flesh does this as well except its only 50 XP

All Quest bosses (lester, Desert Warrior leader etc) also need to be reset so they do not respawn. If they do you have multiple quest items that you can't use once the quest has been finished.

I think this is why we may also need to have a script to strip quest items AFTER a server reset. Otherwise it just throws the quest out of order if you complete the quest with out even starting it (after the server reset)

Hope this helps.

[ 12-09-2004, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 12-09-2004, 07:17 AM   #202
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Gotcha! I can correct that right now as well.

I'm almost done with this batch of bugfixes, and there were 18 in all! Even some not reported I found while DM'ing.

I had to totally rewrite two entire quests, and I am now using a FREAKING awesome program called "Lilac Soul's NWN Script Generator" and let me tell ya folks, it has been speeding up my scripting by 500%! Great program indeed, and now I can do some VERY sophisticated scripting in EFU--I am already upgrading a few areas with what I WANTED to do before, but didn't know how at the time. So take EfU from level 1, and don't skip levels if you wish to see some new stuff.

This new version, v1.40a should be uploaded to the server by 12pm EST today!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #203
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well that sounds fantastic! Level one, here I come! Can't wait to have some free time to hit the Undermountain again!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #204
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Wooo HOO! Good to hear. That change will be fantstic for out RP party who will be taking the slow way down.

That script generator is that the one I sent you a while ago when you were trying to nut out that set items script ?
Old 12-09-2004, 04:34 PM   #205
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I think it may have been, I never had time to check it out at the time, but I was searching for scripting help, and found this GEM!

THAT is what Bioware should have made as a Wizard. It's s damn good! MAN! I hate scripting most of all. So with this final roadblock gone, pumping out loads of quests and tricks will be pouring into every darn level! It's like Christmas, man!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #206
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

well it is christmas after all

BTW Found a Bug Sorry to do this to ya.

Went down to the proving grounds. Got the quest went to kill some uber drow and they wern't there. The protectors were there but no drow. I'm SURE no one had been there before me.

Also I like your evil little trick in the proving grounds now HEHEHEHEHE Makes it a bit more challanging I think.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #207
javan
Zhentarim Guard

I opened a thread about a set of heavy armour called "Mid-Level Wizards Robes" in Durnan's basement. I thought that this might be a plot item. T-D-C replied he had not come across anyone requiring this item.

Is this?

a) A bug
b) Part of a past quest that did not get cleaned up
c) Part of a future quest; or
d) The truth is out there, son. Go look for it!
Old 12-15-2004, 01:00 AM   #208
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

got a strange oen for you...
not sure what happened tonight, but I went to the trollbark dungeon after the server crashed, and someone else went to 1 I think, suddenly there was some kind of graphical anomalies, and when I entered the dungeon, the one I was supposed to go and rescue was on the bridge, and she started running back to the jail. since we can not reset the server yet, do not know if it was a one time fluke, or if it is something that is going to be happening alot. just wanted to let you know this [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2004, 10:32 PM   #209
Animal
Gold Dragon

Somehow Vurbag got reset 2 levels and lost all the items he acquired during these 2 levels.

Rather disappointing considering that it was Enhanced Duergar Plate +10, Durnan's Boots of Speed, and Beholder Slippers.

I'm upset.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:44 PM   #210
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Did it happen during a crash ? or was it after you had done a normal log off ?