Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-07-2001, 12:08 AM   #1
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Karl i got to admit that your right,and maybe this/those new series might be (i hope alot)something in DragonLance,that would to damn cool,but then again losing BG does suck
Old 02-07-2001, 12:30 AM   #2
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the update!

We can import our BG characters into NWN, right? I'm optimistic there will be plenty of NWN modules built to accomodate us. They needed to do an engine upgrade (I'm an ex-EQ player, I love BG more but I miss the true 3D graphics of EQ), this seems to be the best time to make the transition.

I've got faith in Bioware's ability to put out a great product (in NWN) that I'll be playing until my hands fall off
Old 02-07-2001, 12:37 AM   #3
Cleric
Welcomed New User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 02-07-2001, 06:39 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just to update you on what I've learned from browsing some gamesites and also hanging out at the BGDungeon. This info came courtesy of monte carlo who until recently used to moderate at the BGDungeon (if anyone knows otherwise please advise!)

1. There will be *NO* BG3

2. The 'Throne of Bhaal' BG2 expansion will complete the BG saga, it is the default BG3. This is due to many external factors, not least the D&D licencing agreements

(For info on the expansion click here.)

3. There will be NO MORE Infinity Engine games

4. The main Bioware *D&D* project is now NWN which uses a 3D (but not FP) engine

5. Black Isle are currently working on *THREE* 'secret' projects, one of which is a fantasy CRPG using a new variant (prolly non turn-based) of the Lithtech (sp?) engine used
in Fallout 2

6. Bioware will prolly be too involved in NWN and the new Star Wars CRPG to do any more BG stuff

7. The future of BG is now in the hands of fans who make their own mods, like TeamBG and Council of Mystra

So the bad news: No more BG

The good news: Lots of CRPG's on the horizon. D&D CRPG's are (now) thanks to Bioware & Black Isle a viable and profitable genre. I *cannot* see the new owners of the franchise (Infogrames) screwing up by not developing new titles.

Will keep everyone posted on this.
Old 02-07-2001, 06:47 AM   #5
Stealth Bomber

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 02-07-2001, 07:34 AM   #6
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

THANK YOU Memnoch!! This is exactly what I've been wondering about, but haven't searched on. I appreciate you posting this! Thanks very much.

(*mutter* *mutter* damn manufacturers --- building a fan base then dropping us like hot potatoes!)
Old 02-07-2001, 08:27 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thank you for keeping us informed Memnoch
Now if you guys will excuse me I'll go and find a quiet spot to cry my eyes out....

Ah well, I guess the upcoming games you mentioned will be good as well...and otherwise we can always keep re-playing BG2 and posting on this Forum for all eternity
Old 02-07-2001, 08:33 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ambrosia for eternity? What have I done to deserve this??

I'll drink to that
Old 02-07-2001, 08:40 AM   #9
Z'hdhunn

'Ere, Memnoch, on finishing Jon off when he was the Slayer, how quick did he die? I think I've got a glitch in my system, since for over the last hour the whole party has been bashing him and sleeping, he's still at near death. By the way I didn't locate the Crom whatever does this make a difference, otherwise I can't see me getting the expansion never mind the mirage BG3!

Cheers

Z'hdhunn

Old 02-07-2001, 08:42 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

That's a documented bug. If you haven't got the patch already, go to Bioware's site and download it. I'm afraid you'll probably have to do a reload.