Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #91
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Default Re: Tech Tips (game not working? Read this!)

If I choose software mode, the game crashes at the start and I have to recopy the gameopt file back in to get back into the game, as it sets the game to hardware mode.

Funny thing is after the reinstall, I did not uncompress the townavi files, did not install the 1.0 patch and just mucjked around with my XP to see if I could get it working rather than any more game changes. As I said above the only thing I found and did that has not been mentioned was the dciman.dll file copy to the Windows\system folder. So maybe this is what did the business. I am not going to uninstall and reinstall to check it as I don't trust W&W that much!

I had read some reviews and the manual and as far as I can see in combat all you have to do is click on the enemy, but even the manual doesn't say if you use turn-based how you 'end the turn', or in realtime, how you instigate battle with the enemy once you have chosen the weapons and spells for each of your team.

I also wonder if not seeing the snakeman means I have a problem there, although no one say specifically where you meet him on the path, so maybe you can get waylaid before you meet him? I don't know because I cannot find enough information!

If the dciman.dll gets your game working, maybe you can let me know!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #92
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

One of the settings in the game is "protected mode", where you can't accidentally attack friendlies unless you ctrl-attack them. If the trolls weren't hostile yet, then you wouldn't get a targeting cursor unless you either ctrl-clicked or otherwise made them hostile.

If you can, post a separate thread for these so we can make sure they get addressed. I know I don't always look for changes in Tech Tips, so you might end up waiting a long time for an answer...

*edit* And I forgot to add... thanks for that tip and discovery! I'll have to try it out to see if it makes things behave better for me...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #93
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Bungleau - thanks for the response. I have tried the Ctrl attack but to no avail. If you just back away from a creature they will attack you, which is what I do, and I still do not attack anything despite clicking with the sword (fight) icon showing on cursor.

I have since found I cannot click on the gates to go back into the village either, so my clicks are not being registered.

I hope the dll thing helps you, and I will make a new thread, as nothing in this tech thread mentions what I am going through!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #94
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're welcome, uk_john. You might try decompressing the .avi files to see if it helps... one of the symptoms for them being messed up is being unable to click on things in the top half of the town (like the wizards guild in Valeia). Decompressing makes those accessible... perhaps it's the same thing in your case, although it hasn't been an issue in the wild before...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #95
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Bungleau - thanks again, but I have to tell you I have done everything that this thread has mentioned and have uncompressed the townavi, but that only relates to in the village, and even there you can still click on 'some' buildings, so my clicks do work in the village and work more with the townavi uncompressed, so in every way I can do everything in the village, I can click on the town hall get the quests there, buy armour, the whole 10 yards. It's just when I leave the village and go into the '3D world' the mouse clicks don't seem to work and when I put the 'fight' cursor (the sword) over the enemy and click, I get no blue or red target, like I believe I should get, and my character/party do nothing when I click on them. I just cannot get my party to fight! I hit 'space to 'end turn' (manual's words, not mine!) on each character, but at no point can I get my party to fight! Also, when I go to the village gates and click on it, nothing happens. I choose 'use' and click, and still nothing!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #96
Pennfarms
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Sword of Mastus go bye bye

I had the sword of Mastus for the longest time, and my barbarian was using it to fight. Well I travelled all over using this sword, and then POOF, it was gone. I think it got too damaged or something. the problem is that I cant complete the Mastus quest in the warrior guild now. Any ideas or help? this sucks. can i complete the game w/o solving the mastus quest? THANKS
Pennfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #97
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Yes, you can complete the game without solving that quest. That sword is only needed for the valeia fighter guild quest.

Since you are probably still early in the game, might as well reset your adventure so that you can redo the quests again. It won't take you long.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #98
Shadow Stranger

You can also give yourself the Sword of Mastus, see these threads in this column:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98367
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31591
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #99
Pennfarms
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Yes, you can complete the game without solving that quest. That sword is only needed for the valeia fighter guild quest.

Since you are probably still early in the game, might as well reset your adventure so that you can redo the quests again. It won't take you long.
Cool...Im just going to proceed ahead. Im sorta far....I ended up exploring far west way before I solved the serpents temple....did the boogers...most of Shuragon Castle, cleared alot of the land areas....etc. When I finally went back to finish serpents temple to get the mask and stuff, I decided to go back to Valeria to finish up any stuff, and thats when I realized the sword was gone. I must have been fighting with my bare hands for a while!

so when a weapon breaks, its just deleted or do you drop it or what?

Thanks for the help. I may try that cheat too.

Scott
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #100
Pennfarms
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Stranger View Post
You can also give yourself the Sword of Mastus, see these threads in this column:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98367
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31591

Shadowstranger....wow...that stuff is way beyond my scope. I got that editer program and thought you could just add eqip into your inventory along with upping your stats. guess not. Those Hex things are beyond me. Thanks though.