Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2001, 06:45 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I heard a lot people say when you love someone, you dont need a reason. so what about me?

when I think about her, a picture of myself tenderly caring her is surfaced in my mind. an idea of "I love her", in sort of an acceting and **dare I say** spoiling way [img]tongue.gif[/img] I dont really think about what qualities in her, nor flaws... so what is this? love someone really has nothing to do with that individual... it is your capability that counts?
Old 12-01-2001, 10:29 AM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I heard a lot people say when you love someone, you dont need a reason. so what about me?

when I think about her, a picture of myself tenderly caring her is surfaced in my mind. an idea of "I love her", in sort of an acceting and **dare I say** spoiling way [img]tongue.gif[/img] I dont really think about what qualities in her, nor flaws... so what is this? love someone really has nothing to do with that individual... it is your capability that counts?

If you mean that 'falling in love' thing, when what that person does/says, how they react to you is all important, I think it's a mixture of hormones and projection.

This type of 'love' is more about the individual who is feeling the 'feelings' than the individual that the feelings are felt towards.

Loving someone is very different. It is (generally speaking) a much slower process than falling in love, and is based on the growth of fondness, liking, compatibility (sometimes!), warmth, tenderness, and a genuine knowledge and awareness of who the other person is, acquired over time, and through interactive experience. This type of love is more likely to be unconditional, or at least moving in that direction. At least, that is the way I see it..... It's also more likely to last. And of course, it is not confined to sexual relationships. It has many forms.

Anyway, that's what I think, based on my experience of both types of 'love'.
Old 12-01-2001, 11:07 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hey 250 I found this while doing some reading, I thought you might find it an interesting perspective on things..

Such ecstasy as a man has chanced to know may easily seem to him the finest thing of which the human mind is capable. But how can we measure one man's feelings against another, in order that we may know for sure which of our many pleasures and pursuits if the finest of all?

I find that it echoes a lot of questions on love. Maybe it'll help you gain some perspective on your questions.
Old 12-01-2001, 10:37 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hehehe you know why 250? i have been asking myself that silly question...

"why did i fall for her... why was i in love with her? what are the reasons???"

i couldn't think of any, and in fact, i only thought of the ones on why NOT to love her... i keep on thinking its a mistake and maybe it is, but the reason or the thing on why i made the mistake is untracable UNLIKE any other mistake i make...

i love her because of her if that is good reason enough... and not because of her hot body and this little thing going on where i just wanna spill my hormones out
Old 12-01-2001, 10:45 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

no, you dont need to tell me why. you are not me.

unlike the popular belief "when you love someone, you dont need a reason." I say it is bullshit, at least "because I love her" is a reason.

she is a good person, and she is wonderful, the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. she has flaws, but they are acceptable. sometimes I felt heart broken just by continously loving her, but that is a price I am willing to pay.

she is pretty [img]smile.gif[/img] beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I am damn proud to admit it. and wouldnt lose any sleep if she is not. I love her for everything there is about her, so what? I love her for damn good reasons. I hate popular believes, so screw it.
Old 12-01-2001, 10:51 PM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

yes yes, but have you asked yourself: why do you keep on loving her? when there other women like her and MORE than her, on where she hurt you on where maybe other women won't? there's nothing special about her in this world, but in your heart she is, but do you know why? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 11:06 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It's a question of human nature...

We want most those things we cannot have.
Old 12-01-2001, 11:13 PM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

ditto ronn

or in any case here's the hitch

"women, can't live with them can't live without them"

it hurts
Old 12-01-2001, 11:45 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
yes yes, but have you asked yourself: why do you keep on loving her? when there other women like her and MORE than her, on where she hurt you on where maybe other women won't? there's nothing special about her in this world, but in your heart she is, but do you know why? [img]smile.gif[/img]

because... **sniff** I am a good person [img]tongue.gif[/img]

it is weird... cannot find any explaination ... don't know why I love her... maybe I should not then??? damn... that sounds scarier by seconds **shiver**

I love her because it is easy to... oh gosh...

ok, the above is all bullshit. honestly say, I dont know

**brain screwed up**
Old 12-01-2001, 11:52 PM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

see? there is the reason...

loving her because it is easy is a good thing... meaning, you are comforatble with her and is easy loving her