Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2001, 01:00 PM   #1
Raze
The Magister

Im trying to use a custom kit with my game.
I import all the right stuff but am having problems when it comes to using the dialog.tlk editor of IEEP. It gives me reference numbers but these numbers are 6 digits long and when I come to editing the kitlist 2DA file there are only 5 asterisks for each number.
Im not sure how to enter the numbers ive been given correctly. Nothing I have tried so far has worked.

Can anyone help
Old 05-19-2001, 04:28 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I can't help, but I got a couple of questions that belong in a topic like this,

1) Are there any programs or editors to help with creating custom kits?

2) Can you use custom kit characters in ToB?

3) Does anyone have any cool custom kits that I could DL?
Old 05-19-2001, 08:35 PM   #3
Raze
The Magister

someone out there must know how to help me?
Old 05-19-2001, 11:14 PM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

All i can say is that i've installed a few kits recently and have always had 5 figure numbers.I notice that some of the kits in the game have 3 or 4 figure numbers for those columns ,but none have more than five so i think your problem is really odd.
Old 05-20-2001, 09:06 AM   #5
Raze
The Magister

Can no one help ?
Old 05-20-2001, 03:03 PM   #6
Scottjess
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you get these custom kits/ Did you download them? If so where?
Old 05-20-2001, 04:10 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL. Hey, don't worry about the number of asterisks. If u are talking about one of my kits (cos I put asterisks in th kitlist file) or any other custom kits, they are just to show u where to put the number. Just put all 6 digits in, deleting the asterisks and just make sure there is a space after the number.
The IEEP dialog.tlk editor allocates the next available reference number for your dialog.tlk file and depending on what other custom stuff u have imported, this varies obviously so u might end up with a 6 digit number, or if u have no custom stuff a 5 digit number. Some of the built in kits have 4 digit references for their descriptions because they were built in early into the games .tlk.
As for where to get them, u can get some at my site http://lhanzo.tripod.com
and sites linked from http://www.teambg.net

Neb- currently there are no editors for creating custom kits but u can get a tutorial to tell u the basics on Potenciusnet linked from teambg (above).
Custom kits should work fine with TOB, although u might have to reinstall them and a couple of advanced things (like custom spell references in spell.ids) might have to be updated by the kit creator.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:50 PM   #8
Raze
The Magister

Thanks for the help Vaskez but no matter how i enter the ref numbers, when I come to create the character the kit name doesnt appear, just a blank bar, and there is no kit description (Ive been getting strange bits of text about Her'dalis).
The actual character seems to be playing ok (except the lich which doesnt seem to want to get along with my game)
It would be nice to get everything working
Old 05-20-2001, 04:53 PM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Are u sure u have followed the instructions word for word? Again, if u are talking about my kits, this should work fine. No one has had any problems before and most of the kits have been out since feb. The Lich should work fine. It is under the bard kits and u will be transformed into a mage when the game starts (u know it has worked if u look like a lich )

Hmm, the kit description might end up cocked up for the Lich when u change to a mage, but it should be fine at character creation and the class type should be "Mage".

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 05-20-2001).]
Old 05-20-2001, 04:53 PM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The Lich is cool, except he is so damn slow! Needs some boots of speed.

It would be cool if someone made a class/kit/item/spell editor for Baldurs Gate 2, please post it here on the board if any of you discover such an editor, or makes one themselves.