Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-20-2002, 07:14 AM   #1
robo donkey
Manshoon

How on earth can someone solo through the game? I am a sorceror and am constantly using all the attributes of every charecter in my 6 strong party.

Also if you install TOB whilst still playing SOA can your paty reach experience of over 2950000 EXP before reaching the pocket plane.
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:20 AM   #2
Darkman

I often wonder about that myself. Sounds like an awful lot of resting to me, especially if you're a mage...

Not sure about that second part as I don't have ToB, yet [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2002, 07:22 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Its easy since u gain all the EXp into that 1 char u go upREALLY quickly but its very ard if u dont have ToB installed... and yes.. u can go over the SoA Xpcap b4 the pocketplane.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:26 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Darkman:
I often wonder about that myself. Sounds like an awful lot of resting to me, especially if you're a mage...

Not sure about that second part as I don't have ToB, yet [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ever heard of Project Image????
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 03:52 PM   #5
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

soloing isnīt really much harder, it just works differently from playing with a party. different parts become difficult... a few examples:

greater wolfweres are horrible when youīre on your own... very very very hard to kill them.
a single hold/stun might end the game, a single charm/domination/maze WILL end the game. maze is especially annoying, shield of harmony and similar items help very well against the others.
you might lack thief skills... traps can become a problem, locks usually arenīt (you automatically force all game-critical locks, and which truly great item is locked away anyway? i canīt think of any)
a lack of massed mage attacks makes it more difficult to disrupt enemy spellcasters

certain battles become easier since you have to look only after yourself... so in spell battles you can turn yourself into a mustard jelly and laugh at those silly mages.
you canīt accidentally hurt your party members with area effects
itīs easier to run away or sneak past something you donīt quite like how the battle is going
your game will run smoother if you have a sucky graphics card like i do
you will amass experience much more quickly... in some instances one high-level char might be stronger than 6 medium level chars (epsecially if the solo char is a wizard or sorcerer)
you only have 1 char to equip - money is less of a problem

about the resting bit... there are tons of regeneration items available in the game, after you obtain the first you never need rest for hp, and spells last fairly long if you donīt use them unneccessarily (my sorcerer only really rested when he was fatigued anyway... a wizard might wish to rest a little more often though)
on the whole, itīs far easier to solo than most people who havenīt tried would think... especially if you consider that you donīt have to butcher everything in your path. and if you have to fight, summoned creatures are yoru best friends (for non-casters, there are several useful items for this)
Old 01-20-2002, 05:46 PM   #6
Darkman

Thanks for the info, F. Gottwald. Soloing doesn't seem so harsh now. Maybe I'll try it sometime, although I still have yet to finish playing through BG2 for my first time.