Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #1
banzai
Manshoon

Are there any tools / modules with which you are able to *plan* / simulate your new characters career ?
For example if I have a multi-classed character in mind first taking a bit of that class, then some levels of this class and at last another bunch of levels of one of the prestige classes - can I simulate the effects of taking certain feats / skills at specific levels without actually playing that character ? Sort of *leveling up* simulator ?

I did a search for *character generator / generation* but found nothing.

Thanks in advance !!!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

You should check Chewbacca's level up module [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=26;t=000244
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Yes, you can. These modules are called 'Level Up' modules or 'Levelers', and can be found at NWVault. Chewbacca's module is one of those levelers, so try it out.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:52 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Personally I'm content to use the "DebugMode 1" and "GiveLevel x" console commands (x can be any number, including negatives for levelling down and retracing your steps). Works in any singleplayer module.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:57 AM   #5
banzai
Manshoon

Already had a try with the console commands. This is not what I´m looking for - I need a form of *leveling up* simulator giving me the opportunity to do a *fast* simulation of my character´s career. For example trying out a *new* class combination to see if my idea really works or what preconditions (stats / feats / skills) have to be met when leveling up to a certain level to have a *meaningful* character.
For me some UI where I´m able to enter the desired values, click *level up* and then see the results and so on would be enough.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by banzai:
Already had a try with the console commands. This is not what I´m looking for - I need a form of *leveling up* simulator giving me the opportunity to do a *fast* simulation of my character´s career. For example trying out a *new* class combination to see if my idea really works or what preconditions (stats / feats / skills) have to be met when leveling up to a certain level to have a *meaningful* character.
For me some UI where I´m able to enter the desired values, click *level up* and then see the results and so on would be enough.
I'm not sure something like that is available specifically for NWN, but an on-line 3rd edition character builder may be 'out there' somewhere that would do that. If so, it may vary from NWN some as the game developers took some liberties with certain rules to make a better computer game. I would check the WOTC website or Planet ADnD for something like this

You can do that in my character maker module, but its not instantaneously fast. It provides, through a conversation based setup, the ability to level up or down to any level very similiar to using the console commands. Unlike using the console commands, You can also change alignment and browse for hundred of items as well as test your character verses dozens of monsters that you can either choose or have spawned randomly based on your level. It does require SOU/HOTU and patch 1.62. Here is a more direct link:

+Novice to Epic Character Maker
Old 04-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Personally I'm content to use the "DebugMode 1" and "GiveLevel x" console commands (x can be any number, including negatives for levelling down and retracing your steps). Works in any singleplayer module.
How is this done, exactly? In BG you had to type "Debug Mode=1" in to the .ini file, but its not working... Im typing it into the nwnplayer file, then typing the command into the console, but to no effect.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:37 AM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

there's a great NWN character editor out.

it works in much the same way, i'd say, as the character modifier that you'd use for the BG and IWD series. remember gatekeeper and shadowkeeper?

that means, you can change anything on your character, from basics to see what she'll be like at Level 25 or the nitpicky stuff, like what color the buckles on her shoes should be.

anyway you can get it, like most of the NWN mods and programs, at:
LETO from NWNVault

the Leto forums are at:
Leto Forums

V***V
Old 04-17-2004, 05:07 AM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
How is this done, exactly? In BG you had to type "Debug Mode=1" in to the .ini file, but its not working... Im typing it into the nwnplayer file, then typing the command into the console, but to no effect. [/QUOTE]you don't alter ANY ini files, so go find that entry and delete it, pronto.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
now that's taken care of...
open the game, load up a save, then when you're in the gameplay window....

press:
~ or `
(depending on your keyboard)
type in exactly:
DebugMode=1

you know it's successful if you see planes of yellow all over your screen [img]smile.gif[/img]
now enter your commands.

when you're finished, type in exactly:
~ or `
DebugMode=0

there's tons of commands, and with all of them, you need to be careful how you enter them or they won't work. other than that, have fun!

V***V
Old 04-17-2004, 10:51 AM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

thanks Vesselle

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote