Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
Ironbar
Manshoon

Finally, a game has messed up to aid me!
Possible spoilers

I am now the proud owner of two, yes two rings of acuity, the ring aquired when Lavok dies at the end of the Planer Sphere quest.

The story goes like this.... I confronted lavok in his room but realised mid battle that i didn't have any breach spells, therefore i decided to run away out of his room. However, upon leaving he re-appeared outside his room, at this point i panic, lookily that assembled golem knocks him down and i get his speach about getting the demon heart. I complete the quest and go to see him again, this time there are two lavoks, one one on the floor (which i walk past) and a second standing in his room. When the quest is completed the standing lavok leaves the sphere and dies - dropping his ring. I then realise that i forgot to go in the rooms that lead off from lavok's room but on my way there i notice the lavok next to the golem, i speak to him and get the ring of acuity (again) and the quest experience for each party member again, nice. Earie now has a horde of lower level spells to cast!

Is this a known bug? or did i get lucky?
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

IIRC this is a known bug. Try again and you`ll see if you were lucky or is it a bug. Anyway are you fully patched?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #3
Ironbar
Manshoon

I got the game less than a year ago with the TOB expansion, do i still need patches?

I don't want to try it again, i have justified the event in role playing terms so that i can understand it.

Lavok's magical ties were strong and when i freed him the magic holding him together reacted with my oura and produced an exact replica of him, or something like that!
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes you still need the patches.

Official ToB Patch

Baldurdash ToB Fixpack
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:08 AM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Earie now has a horde of lower level spells to cast!
Does Earie really have lots of lower level spells? Where can I find this Earie? I hope you're not talking about that thing attached to my head [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 03:07 AM   #6
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
Earie now has a horde of lower level spells to cast!
Does Earie really have lots of lower level spells? Where can I find this Earie? I hope you're not talking about that thing attached to my head [img]tongue.gif[/img] . [/QUOTE][img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] Now be nice [img]tongue.gif[/img]