Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 02:40 AM   #41
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

It was great! Everything you said it would be. I took my four year old son who does not go to the theatre because the volume really scares him. He liked it a lot. He did get scared in a few parts but he sat through the whole thing glued to the screen. Everything about it was excellent. I'd say it was like Japan's version of Alice In Wonderland only better. I'm glad you recommended it, if I can get my wife to go with me I'll go see it again. [img]graemlins/jumpclap.gif[/img] Thanks 250!
Old 10-22-2002, 03:02 AM   #42
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

*bow* welcome, welcome, welcome back Master Haku .... erhhh, nvm if they told me correctly, this thursday will be the alst day playing on Tovili, I intend to see it again at least, so that makes it 6th times, lol (exluding the times I saw the divx japanese version)

I guess something like this dont come every year. once again, I am glad you enjoyed it. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am sure your wife will too.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:34 AM   #43
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I am dying to see this film. I've loved everything I've seen from Miyazaki. For those of you who liked Princess Mononoke, I suggest seeing Nausicaa. They have a few things in common, but I thought Nausicaa was much better. I actually felt that he was ripping himself off a bit with Mononoke... I first saw Nausicaa in the video stores under the name Warriors of the Wind, so maybe you'll have better luck with that title.
I also loved My Neighbor Totoro.
Miyazaki rules.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:44 AM   #44
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

FINALLY it comes in the mail!!!
And after seeing it I can't seem to correct my jaw after it dropped like that. . . The quality of animation was waaaay better than Princess mononoke, and you can tell it was ALL hand drawn by one man, once again, though that wasn't a bad thing [img]tongue.gif[/img] It was great, honestly, I loved every minute of it, and hope to see more from Miyazaki soon! WOOH! You know now Miyazaki has a Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, And it looks quite big! As far a new stuff from Miyazaki, it looks like their official homepage is still dedicated to Spirited Away and some new live action movie which looks like a cross between Amelia Airheart's story and world war II O_o. . . Called "Dark Blue World"

Well anyway, That movie was GOOD! it was very very GOOD,
Every man woman and child and their brother should see this movie!

Here's to Studio Ghibli And Mihazaki! You guys did it again! W00ty!

--------------------
Old 10-23-2002, 02:53 AM   #45
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

mmm, sorry to disappoint you, but I think Spirited Away is his last/final work. I think he announced his retirement
Old 10-23-2002, 03:22 AM   #46
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
I first saw Nausicaa in the video stores under the name Warriors of the Wind, so maybe you'll have better luck with that title.

Miyazaki rules.
you know, I hate the american dub, it is so stupid. everywhere else, China, taiwan, hongkong (EVEN HK, wow), is translated as "the Valley of Wind." I thinkt the original title in Japan was Valley of Wind too. so whats up with Warriors of the Wind??? Jeez.

btw, Miyazaki does rule. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #47
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am listening now the opening theme of Spirited Away & the train part. sigh, it is so intoxicatingly beautiful. also, this is a bump

[ 10-23-2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 03-11-2003, 03:43 AM   #48
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I was walking through the mall tonight and guess what, Spirited Away is now on DVD. Own it today!

And for anyone who liked Ninja Scroll, I saw one call Reign, The Conqueror. It is very good. It deals with ancient Greek Mythology following the story of Alexander the Great. It is a series and I think there is only one volume out. It has four acts and is about 120 minutes. I can't wait for more.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:19 AM   #49
Masklinn

Woa old news

This movie was released in France 1 year ago and met a huge success.

I have seen it several times and I can only agree with 250 : it's a beautiful movie, go see it, you won't be disappointed at all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just my 2 (euro)cents
Old 03-11-2003, 04:33 AM   #50
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I saw it late last year. Excellent movie [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I recommend everyone to see the original Japanese version with English subtitles. The dubbed version isn't as good.

Anyone know when it's coming out on DVD? (for Australia)

[ 03-11-2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]