Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-01-2004, 08:31 AM   #11
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am very sad for your loss, quietman. I lost one of my high school classmates last year. He wasn't the first to pass away, but he was one of the most popular guys in our class. And just a few weeks ago, one of the nurses at our Nursing Home facility was killed in a freak accident.

Both of these deaths were completely unexpected and everyone was left in a state of shock afterwards - so I've had a small taste of the pain, shock and grief you feel for Lisa.

Along with the sadness and grief for the loss, the loss of a close friend suddenly reminds us of our own vulnerability and mortality. It could just as easily have been us that passed away instead of our friend.

I pray that you will find comfort in your memories and that Lisa will find rest in eternal bliss. I agree that you should share your touching tribute with her family. It would be very healing for them to know how much Lisa meant to you.

In fact, it would be a really good idea if you could arrange a reunion with your former gaming group and have a dinner or party in Lisa's honor. Then each of you sit down and record your own memories of Lisa and what made her special to each of you. Then put the collected tributes together and present them to her family to show how much Lisa meant to so many different people.

We did that for the nurse at work. We had several coworkers write down a short tribute of what she had meant to them. I collected the tributes (there was a total of 9 pages) and put them together in a small binder for the family members. I printed several copies so each member could have their own personal copy. Maybe you and your friends could do something similar for Lisa's family to help her memory live on.

May Peace and Comfort be with you during this time of loss and pain.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #12
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I know how you feel. Trust me on this one. Just be strong. Feel the flow of nice memories and let them go in your mind to think in a postivive way.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:40 PM   #13
quietman1920

Thank You, everyone. I'm going to do my best to follow your words. There's a great deal of wisdom there. I've always said that i was lucky to have found ironworks and to be able to post here. Thank You!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes... there is still glory, in defeat. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Godspeed to her, and to you Chin up, walk on...
Old 07-01-2004, 04:30 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
What a lovely tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #16
Megabot

Yes it is a wery nice tribute think it is wery sad but i am sorry for your loss too.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:31 PM   #17
LordKathen

Sorry for your loss Quietman...
Old 07-01-2004, 09:40 PM   #18
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I'll raise my dice in tribute...It's a loss to all roleplayers when one leaves us...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #19
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Thank You, everyone. I'm going to do my best to follow your words. There's a great deal of wisdom there. I've always said that i was lucky to have found ironworks and to be able to post here. Thank You!
Yes Iron Works is a very unique place, with very unique people.
The wisdom that has been shared with you will hopefully be remembered so it is able to be followed.
Don't worry quietman, everyone has this sadness as you do, and everyone will experience what you will. And the only way to get through this is if you have hope and faith in yourself.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."